18. Forever deal

18

Forever deal

Could dress up
To get love
But guess what?
I'm never gonna be that girl
Who's living in a Barbie world
—Sit Still, Look Pretty
Daya

"Hey." A masculine voice whispered in my ear.

I screamed.

"What?" Ray's eyebrows knitted and burned his eyes into my face.

Oh.

"You surprised me that's all." I mumbled and shook my head. Wiping the dried drool on my face with the back of my sleeve.

And I still didn't want to open my eyes. So I closed them again.

And that's when I heard the ringing.

"Your phone was ringing. I figured it could be important." He spoke again in his ever serene voice.

My eyes widened and moved to my phone on the nightstand.

I snatched it in my hand and quickly received the call.

"Hello?" My voice was still husky from sleep.

I cleared my throat.

"Hi. Good morning Ms Hawthorne! This is Alissa from Air Tech!" Alissa's enthusiastic voice ran through my ears.

How could she be so enthusiastic in the morning?

Maybe she's had her coffee already.

Yeah.

"Hi." Was all I could manage, in a more of a happy voice. Well, as much happy as I could manage without my coffee.

I squinted at Ray who standing in front of me, trying to keep my eyes open.

More like a battle against sleep.

"You are practically grumbling." Ray chuckled as he moved away from me.

I glared at his broad back and cleared my throat once again.

My throat was practically missing the drying feeling of coffee in there.

"Ms Hawthorne, although you'll receive our mail shortly, I wanted to inform you that you have been accepted for your job here and we would prefer you to join in from Tuesday latest."

"Here." Ray handed me a cup of what seemed like elixir to me. As soon as it hit my nose it was like my entire body awakened just by the smell of it but when I closed my eyes and took a sip of it, my head automatically leaned on the headstand behind me.

That awoke me a bit. Or maybe it was the coffee.

Today was Saturday. I leaned away from my phone and checked it to confirm.

"That would be great, thanks." I smiled.

"Alright then, welcome to Air Tech, Ms Hawthorne."

"Thank you." I hung up and then looked up to find Ray but he wasn't here.

From the light aroma that I could already smell, I figured he was in the kitchen.

I reluctantly stood up and made my way to the kitchen.

"Good morning." He wasn't even facing me when he said that.

"Eh." I grumbled and took another sip of my coffee.

This time he turned and raised an eyebrow.

"It's still early." I blinked.

He chuckled and pushed a plate of something towards me.