13. Mega marathon

13

Mega marathon

'Cause you give me something
That makes me scared, alright,
This could be nothing
But I'm willing to give it a try,
Please give me something,
'Cause someday I might call you from my heart,

You give me something
Now united

"CAN'T BELIEVE we are already done with the first season." I turned my face towards Ray who sat beside me on my couch cross-legged with excellent posture.

His straight back made my back scream for the same but my torso was sprawled on the couch with my legs tucked beside me and my elbow supporting my head. Ray's hand graced my hair when I looked at him which somehow made him massage my head with his fingers.

Holy hell.

I hoisted my head towards his hand and he lifted an eyebrow.

"Please." I jutted my lower lip out for a full puppy look. Ray chuckled as he went on with his magic.

And presently, I was sitting on the carpet with my hands on my lap and my head in Ray's hands. His legs were beside my shoulders and I had this nasty urge to tickle him but resisted because damn, his hands sent me to Narnia.

"You're amazing." I whispered, as if in a trance, as he ran his hands all through my hair occasionally working his way on my neck and shoulder muscles.

And man, it was like my body was communicating with him, with an ability I didn't know I possessed because he freaking knew every right point and that too with ultimate tricks and extraordinary ways.

"I used to do this to my dad whenever he came home from work, he usually overworked himself and this helped him a lot." Ray expressed as he made his way on to my back muscles.

I sighed.

"Your dad, huh?" I pursed my lips as realised I didn't know much about him.

"Yeah, he preferred to stay in England after, well, after we both moved here for our education." He voiced as his fingers gently dug into the nape of my skin, leaving me all putty on the floor.

"I knew that I'd heard that accent somewhere! God!" I shook my head a bit in aggravation.

Ray chuckled as he moved to my shoulders.

"I don't use it much, thankfully, I have adapted to the accent of this place so I don't feel like a complete outsider." He sighed.

"Hey! Do you realise that's practically a weapon that you possess? Aah, another reason for women to fawn over you." I rolled my eyes.

"And where would that get me?" I sighed as my shoulders felt as they'd been replaced anew instead of those crappy delicate ones that did nothing but kill me during the day.

I scoffed and turned to look at Ray, I mean, he was kidding obviously.

He wasn't.

His face indicated he was downright incognizant of the matter.

I turned back towards the tv and raised my eyebrows.

Did I just witness a man not curdled by the world?

I needed coffee.

I picked it up from the table and sipped it.

"You're a good man, Ray." I muttered. Out of the blue.