7. Just follow me, my man

7

Just follow me, my man

Tastes like strawberries on a summer evenin'
And it sounds just like a song
I want more berries and that summer feelin'
It's so wonderful and warm
—Watermelon Sugar High
Harry Styles

"HOW WAS your interview?" Ray raised his head from a book he was reading as I arrived at his place in the evening.

He just has this great coffee.

And he doesn't mind so, well.

"I don't know, I spoke, they spoke, and then here I am." I muttered as put my laptop tote bag on the brown wooden table in his living room and crashed beside him.

He had his reading glasses on and had his pencil in his hand.

"Don't tell me." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Ok." He smirked and turned a page without meeting my eyes.

"Very funny." I gave him an unimpressed look.

"You like reading?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, it's amazing that however many you read, there is just another waiting for you." He smiled.

I chuckled. I didn't know he liked reading. He just doesn't seem like one who would read, but then again it's not people who read have a sticker on their head as an indicator or something.

"So what do you do, exactly?" I walked towards the kitchen to pour some coffee for myself.

"I told ya, I own a company." He voiced as he closed the book and removed his glasses.

"I thought you were kidding."

"Well, I wasn't." He pointed his pencil at me.

My lips made an O.

"Okay, you would've been cooler if you were a writer or something." I teased.

He laughed and shook his head at me.

I thought that these creative jobs were so amazing and cool. But I never had the aptitude for it. I may have won a few awards in photography and film making but that's it. And that too I shrugged off as soon as I got into the working field.

I know. I am tragic.

"Cool?" He raised a brow as he stood up and put his book on the bookshelf by his TV.

His house was so lavish and classy. Either his family was loaded or he was. Now I knew he was. I had wanted a place in this area since forever but it was just too expensive and I was saving up for my car...so yeah.

"It must be a big company if you can afford a place here." I poured the steaming coffee that I just made, into two cups.

I gave one to Ray and made love with mine.

It just smelled so good.

It might as well be part orgasmic.

"Nah, not really." He ran a hand through his hair and sat on the kitchen bar stool.

"Oh?" I realised that he might be being modest. I made a mental note to google him later.