21. History repeats

21

History repeats

I go crazy 'cause here isn't where I wanna be
And satisfaction feels like a distant memory
And I can't help myself
All I wanna ever say is, "Are you mine?"
Well, are you mine?
Are you mine?
Are you mine? Oh, ah
—Are you mine?
Arctic Monkeys

THE MOMENT my eyes decided to do the art of opening, my hand hit a hard surface and my mind awoke by the coolness and hardness of the said veneer. I peeked an eye open and saw my hand grazing the polished surface while my body rested on this very comfy bed.

It was the floor.

Grumbling and completely galled by the reason for the ending of my sweet slumber, I stood up and decided to close my eyes and imagine my way to the kitchen.

Except on the first turn, there wasn't a turn.

There was a wall.

And it didn't like me not-greeting it.

Groaning by the sudden shooting pain on my forehead I winced and forced my eyes to squint the rest of the way.

"Someone's cheery." A heard his voice with humour barely hidden in his tone.

"Stupid morning people." I mumbled to myself and threw Ray a grateful look when he handed me my coffee.

"You, my sir, just did a very noble job." I said after taking a few sips while rubbing the area which still pained a bit.

"I know." He chuckled. "What'd you do?" Ray narrowed his eyes and watched me sceptically.

"I ran into the wall." I sighed and planted my derriere on the bar stool.

Placing my hands on the counter along with my forehead I decided to take another nap.

"No, not again. This time you're having a conversation first." Two hands pushed my face up and made me face him. Most of my face was covered in my brown strands, he gently brushed them away.

"What?" I spat. I might as well be a teenager. Cause I sure sounded like one. An annoyed one at that.

"First of all, eat something. I managed to get some soup into your system last night but you dribbled out most of it." He notified.

Instinctively, I looked down and found my shirt to be perfectly fine. Likewise, I had no recollection of a soup.

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You were practically asleep, and I covered you with a towel. Almost expected you to spill..." He shook his head.

"I know I should be ashamed of myself and probably apologise like an adult and also act like one. But I am not feeling that and I don't want to." My eyes decided to bargain for being reduced to a squint because closing them did not seem a viable option anymore.

Ray smiled and leaned in and locked eyes with me. His earthy eyes were oh so gentle. His bronze hair, defying gravity and the complete definition of bed hair. The grey hoodie that looked a bit too good on him.