4. You didn't ruin my night.

4

You didn't ruin my night.

Can I tell you something just between you and me?
When I hear your voice, I know I'm finally free
Every single word is perfect as it can be
And I need you here with me
—Here with me(Marshmello)

"WHO was he?" I asked as we entered his apartment and I took off my shoes. Ray handed me some comfy white step-ins and I stepped into them.

"Joe is my childhood friend." Ray replied as he removed his coat jacket.

Damn, he looked good, his dark brown hair was messy but it still managed to look good on him. Guys can not use a comb for days and they are good to go. And then there are people with long hair, as I have, which is shoulder length. If I don't brush my hair at least once a day, my hair would turn into a birds nest.

"We have known each other since we were thirteen. We met in high school freshman year and have been friends ever since." Ray said as he made me sit on the couch in his living room.

"Cool. I can hardly remember any friend of mine from high school, much less be in contact with them." I adjusted the strap of my dress, what was I thinking wearing this? No wonder I had a panic attack. I probably had realised that I was revealing too much skin.

Good gracious, what was I thinking?

Ray didn't seem to mind he told me I looked good in blue. Yeah well, he's a guy, what does he know?

Zach wouldn't have approved of this dress. He would have straight up said, "Too revealing." And the conversation would have ended there.

I never argued because it was just clothes. We never really had fights probably because of me. Because I always thought that the matter at hand was not as important as him.

"You should change," Ray said as he emerged from the room wearing a white T-shirt and grey yoga pants.

"Why?" Was it really too revealing?

"I don't know how to say this, but you're driving me crazy by just sitting there doing nothing." He scoffed as if he couldn't believe himself as he walked towards me and handed me some clothes.

"But it's your call. I can survive." He smiled as I took the clothes. It was a navy blue T-shirt and black shorts.

"You know what, I don't want to change right now." I said as I felt unsure but sure at the same time.

"That's completely ok." He turned and smiled at me he made his way towards the kitchen.

Zach would have turned this into a debate. He would have said how he didn't like anyone ogling at his girl. He would have mentioned several other reasons that in the end would convince me that he was right.

Ray didn't do that.

What was I doing? I didn't even know this guy, I mean for all I know maybe he was one those guys who were nice in the beginning and then turn out to be complete assholes later.

I have had a fair share of those.

I would know.