22. Guests at home

22

Guests at home

My, my, how did I fall in this hole again?
I should know better than this (better than this)
Time flies, funny when you're getting older
I should know better than this (better than this)
—AFRAID OF THE DARK
EZI

I SLAPPED some jam on my bread and mindlessly put the slices together.

I was not happy.

I had only one jam left and I hadn't done grocery shopping since the last time I did forcefully with Ray. I twisted my face in annoyance when I realized that my good coffee was also finished.

God save me.

Out of absolute need, I took out the coffee beans that I used to drink and love earlier before I got acquainted with the elixir that was Ray's coffee.

He still won't tell me which one he uses. He would just say that I could always ask him for more.

I shook my head and scrunched my nose up a bit when I took a sip of the coffee that I just brewed.

I sighed and took my wallet and phone to go for some much-needed grocery shopping when someone knocked on the door.

I knitted my eyebrows and moved to the door to check who was at the door.

"Oh, God." I murmured when I peeped into the peephole and saw who it was.

He stood right there in front of my apartment.

"I can put stalking charges on you." I shouted. Thinking maybe that might scare him off. Even though I highly doubted that.

"I know."

I sighed. His stubbornness was rather his strongest trait.

And I wasn't in the mood to show him mine.

I opened the door and narrowed my eyes at him.

Stefan smiled and entered the apartment without even asking. And I just shook my head trying to constrain my smile.

"You know we never really did that youtube channel."

I knitted my eyebrows and bit my lip until it dawned upon me he was referring to that time when we were hell-bent on creating one. Except he didn't have the gear and I was too much into my studies to have time for an extra commitment.

Commitment might not be my strongest suit.

"I thought you had grown past it." I rolled my eyes and poured some juice for him.

"Of course not, remember we had written scripts and everything!" Stefan placed his hands on the counter and his eyes widened in excitement.

"No, I was just sitting beside you while you practically told me what we were going to do." I scrunched my nose up at the memory. I wasn't even paying attention to him. I found geometry more interesting than his mindless babbling, or not.

"You were pretty annoying back then, hell scratch that, you still are." I clicked my tongue.

He rolled his eyes and took the glass and took a sip from the glass.

"You look different. Happy." Stefan settled himself on the stool and put a finger on his chin.

"And you look different, too. Intense." I observed his profile. A silver band on his ring finger of the right hand. Tattoos. He had tattoos now. Those managed to make him look intimidating even in a dark hoodie and washed jeans with black jordans. I watched as he had some on his fingers. And traces of a tattoo sleeve hidden by his hoodie on his left arm.