Chapter 27: Caught off guard

LISA's POV

Well, that was awkward.

I wonder what Jennie felt too when Nayeon said that. I actually felt hot. I mean, my ears and chest burns. Why is that? And do I ever imagine us, taking a bath together? Maybe, yeah. Under the rain. But not actually in the bathroom.

But is it bad to look forward to it?

I chuckle on the thought. I wonder if Jennie would like that too.

Anyway, it's been almost 16 hours that we're out and so far, the Central doesn't bother us yet. But I know they're looking for us already. Well, I assume. I hope Jennie's parents are doing fine there. And I really wanna see my mom.

I was busy cleansing my body after the soap when someone knocked on the door.

"Yo?"

"You're taking so long!"

Jennie. I just chuckle and washed everything. I can imagine how knitted her brows already with that voice.

"5 more minutes! I'm almost done!"

"Quick!"

Well, we just walked few miles under sun earlier before we rode the van. We've even met some hosts on the way. That's why all of us really wanted to clean our bodies first before anything.

I went out of the bathroom wearing one of the robes inside. I saw Jennie busy preparing her clothes. She gazed at my direction and I saw her gulp.

I narrowed my eyes to her as I tied the robe tight on my waist.

"Are you nervous around me right now, Jennie Kim?" I teased.

She raised her brow at me. I just giggled at her. I walked closer and hugged her from behind. I've felt her stiffen. I just pecked on her shoulder and tightens the hug.

"It feels like I miss you all day."

Then she heaves a breath and leans her head back. She touches my cheek and I closed my eyes because of her warm hand. She then hugs my arms around her.

"Yeah.. me too." she said.

"Your parents will be fine. They'll call us sooner." I said. She's worrying about them even before we go out.

"Hopefully."

"Stop worrying so much. You know them. Your father is too smart for them."

We both chuckled. I released the hug and pulled her gently to face me.

"You can take a bath now. The heater is still working. This place is incredible." I said while giggling.

"We used to hate this place." she said. I gasped and both of us laugh again.

She's not wrong. But actually, it's the people living here who we hated. He's never lead the country that good. He's just doing everything for money and not for his people.

"I'll take a bath now." she said.

I noticed her eyes gazed down on my neck. I followed where she's looking.

"Why?"

She took a deep breath again and shook her head while exhaling.

"N-Nothing."

She's about to go inside the bathroom but I pulled her and hugged her again.

"I love you."

I haven't really verbalised it yet after we started to be girlfriends and she's really quiet. It's okay if she's not ready to say it back. I just hugged her tight and kissed her forehead before turning to the cabinet for clothes.