Chapter 14: Plural

Another day has passed and this is really making me mad. I am mad. I've been trying to reconcile with her but she's... argh!

She's busy writing on her notepad again but then I gripped her wrist and pulled her out of our tent and to the cave again, causing the pen and notepad dropped on the ground. So what? I'm going to end this awkwardness between us. I will force her to cooperate even if she doesn't want to and keeps on pulling her wrist from my grip. I just let her go when we went inside the cave.

"What is wrong with you?!" She yelled and about to go back. But I stopped her.

"What?!" She groaned.

"Why are you like this?!"

"What?! What now, Lisa?! I'm trying to ignore you because that's what you want! To leave you alone! To avoid getting all the blame for what happened to me and Kai! What is wrong with you?!" she yelled angrily.

I'm here, frozen when she yelled, with what her reason is for ignoring me.

"Can you hear how unfair you are right now, Jen.." I mumbled.

"Tss. You know what.. just help me.. and you help yourself too. To stop whatever this is, Lisa." she said and about to go again but I gripped her wrist to stop her.

"What?!" She angrily tosses my hand and she did. I lost the grip.

"W-Why are y-you like this.."

"I told you already!"

"W-What did I ever d-do to you.. y-you're so unfair. I've never told you to ignore me.. I just wanted to understand.. why are you like this.."

"Tsk."

"It's hard for me too. Seeing you like this.. after you kis— I don't wanna hear anything about that." she cuts me.

"After that, you apologized and ignored me. I have the right to know what's going on.. because you're my best friend.."

"Exactly! You're my best friend! And I want to.. s-stay like t-that! I want to forget what happened that night! So, please.. just let it go!"

"I can't just let it go! Jennie! You've been acting so weird towards me since you and Kai talked. Then now, you're telling me to just let it go?! No! I can't. I'm not like you!"

"Then pretend you can be like me and just let this go!"

She was about to go again but I stopped her again.

"Tsk! Lisa!" She scowled and pulled her arm again. We fought because I really tried not to let go and she fights because she really wanted to.

"Stop!" I yelled and gripped her wrists tight.

"Let me go!" She tried to pull her wrists from my grip and pushed me.

"I have to do this, Lisa! Don't you get it?! I have to! Because if not.. i-if not.. whatever Kai told me.. it's slowly coming true.. and I don't want this! I don't want to ruin our friendship for how many years.. just because of this! Lisa, please!" she said while fisting her palm angrily.

"What? What are talking about?!"

"Tsk. Lisa, I can't.. I can't do this. Just.. let me go.. leave me alone. Don't look at me.. don't talk to me and stop pulling me here every time you wanted to! Just stop! Okay, I'm leaving!"

"Do you really want that? Do you really want me to stop?"

"Yes. Stop.. that's all I'm asking." she said and turned her back to me.

"Okay. I'll stop if that's what you really want."

"Thanks."

And just like that, she left. I stayed in the cave. I don't know why but my chest feels heavy. And then I cry. Why is this happening to us? She said, she doesn't want to ruin our friendship but doesn't she think that what she's doing right now is slowly ruining everything. With my anger, I punched the wall in this cave. It doesn't hurt because it's soil. I punched and punched until my knuckles feel numb and yeah.. it hurts if you punch it hard many times. I gritted my teeth and punched really hard until it surprised me that my fist went through. I wiped my tears and stared at the soil wall the cave has.