Chapter 9: All about embracing

And just like that, after few weeks of hiding her, our squad knew about it. And after few weeks of taking care of her, Chaeyoung is slowly turning into someone.. something.. we already expected. Her eyes are starting to turn white. We can see veins slowly running through her body from her wound.

We are here in the cave. We are hiding her here. Luckily, none of the others are asking about her yet. But we can't leave it that way. We made a barricade from the front of the cave and covered it with the vines. Only us knows to how get in.

"Chaeng.." Jisoo unnie mumbled worriedly.

But Chaeng never responded. She has never did to any of us ever since the virus started to control her slowly.

"Here. Try this, unnie." Sana mumbled.

I just watched her gave a plate of raw meat to Jisoo unnie and placed it near Chaeyoung. But she has never touched any of the raw meats we're giving her since two days ago.

"Maybe.." Jennie mumbled and then ran back to our camp for who knows why.

Few minutes after, she came back with a pack of salad.

"Did someone see you?" Hani unnie asked.

"No. I made sure no one noticed me." Jennie replied.

She opened the pack from the food supply we've got this morning. It's Chaeyoung's favorite. Those green leafy things she ate that I used to sneak some. I chuckle.

"Right." Jisoo unnie said.

"What?" I mutter.

Jennie gave the pack near Chaeng and to our surprise, she devours the grass. No, just kidding. The salad.

"She's vegetarian even when she became a host?" Jeongyeon chuckled.

"That's why she's not growling or get aggressive whenever we visit her here." Hani unnie chuckled too.

"And she still looks so adorable eating like that." Nayeon said and giggled with the girls.

I glanced at the vine bracelet she made and gave me. Yeah. The last day before everything became like this, she made this for me. And one for her. Unfortunately, she ate hers already.

We cuffed her here and chained it to a rod Hani unnie made. It's so sad looking at her like this. But, we always have a nice little chat whenever I visit her secretly. Though all I got in return are mostly groaning. She's still so nice to talk to. Still making me feel light whenever I feel down and missing my dad. She makes me forget those days.

"I won't let anyone kill her. The medical group is creating a cure. I want to give her that." I said.

I heard Jennie scoffed. And yes, we're still not talking to each other. She's changed. Maybe not, but she's not acting like herself lately.

"We'll do everything to help her." Hani unnie said.

"Thanks, unnie." I smiled at her.

The girls decided to go back before anyone notice us. I told them I'll stay for a while and they nodded. I just watched them walk outside and sat near Chaeng. Enough distance. But then someone stayed too.

"I told you.. you'll get hurt."

"I am not hurt. I am glad still seeing her here. Why don't you just leave.. go back to the camp." I mutter.

"Really, Lisa? Look at her. Does she look like someone you like right now?"

"Yes!" I yelled and stand again.

"And for what it's worth, Jen, you should learn how to see things as they are too! I know Chaeng is becoming a host! I don't want you to remind me of that! What you're suppose to do is to accept the fact that Kai broke up with you already! But stop involving me and don't ever blame me because that was his choice! Or maybe, that's on you too!—"