Chapter 17: Real score?

Third Person's POV

It's been days after that confession. They are back to being normal with each other again. Lisa keeps on giggling while watching Jennie chats and laughed with the others. Then her thoughts averted to what she knew about the cave. She hasn't told anyone yet about that except Jennie's mother.

She stood up from sitting and approached Jennie. The girl looked at her and smiled sweetly.

None of the others knew about the confession, though Hani has some thoughts about it. Even Jennie and Lisa doesn't know what they are to each other now after that.

"I want to tell you something." Lisa mumbles in low voice. Jennie looked at her puzzled and turned back to the girls.

"I'll be right back." she said and holds Lisa's hands.

"Let's meet your mother."

"My mom?"

"No, mine.. of course, your mother. Who else could it be.." Lisa mutters and shakes her head. Jennie raised a brow to her as they walk to the med dept.

Lisa knocks and Jennie's mother opened up. She lets the girls in her office and closed door.

"Lisa.." the lady mumbles.

"Eomoni, I haven't told her yet."

"Tell me what?"

"It's about the cave where we kept Chaeyoung."

"What about it?"

"I've found the same serum in there. Like, boxes of it in there, covered with the soil wall."

"What?!" Jennie scowled and looked at Lisa and her mother back and forth.

"The serum you gave is indeed the virus. I've finished examining it and now, it's confirmed. I don't know how to tell my team because I don't know who among them we could trust." her mother said.

"Eomoni.. everything is too risky, letting somebody else knows about this. I don't even know if I could tell the squad." Lisa mutters.

"Lis, they need to know. At least them. Their lives could be at risk too if we haven't done something about this." Jennie stated as she holds Lisa's arms.

"Jen, I don't know.. I mean, I trust them. But it's really hard to decide about this." Lisa mutters while massaging her head and dropped herself on the couch.

"What if they don't believe us? What if they sold us out? Jen, it's too risky. We should keep this to ourselves. For now."

"For now? Do you think we still have time? Lis, we're all in danger here. And they are our team! Oh my ghad! I can't believe I'm hearing this from you."

Lisa looked at her anxiously. She doesn't know what to do. She's grasping her hands tight and rubs her lap hysterically. Jennie noticed it and sat beside her. She immediately holds Lisa's hands and squeezes them tight as her thumbs rub on them softly.

"Calm down, Lis. We will do this slowly. Mom, we will tell you if we figure this out with our team. Don't worry, we will be careful." Jennie said while looking at her mother, but still holding Lisa's hands. She still can feel them shaking.

"Are you sure about this?" Jennie's mother asked while giving Lisa a glass of water.

"Yes, mom."

"Lisa, drink. Calm down, okay. I know someone from the group whom I can trust. I will alert your father about this. Visit me here once you have something again. Come on, bring Lisa to your tent and let her rest."