Chapter 47: Depth of Love

LISA's POV

Another day went by fast, it's almost afternoon again. My mother is still unconscious, obviously. I'm here again in her tent when Irene went in.

"Yah.. I've found some ramyeon in the rations. Let's eat some." she said.

"Sure, unnie! Bring it here, I'll boil some water inside my mother's office."

"Alright. Wait for me." she said and got out again.

And she managed to make me call her that. Why not? She's older than me which I just knew last night.

I got out as well and proceed to my mother's office. While walking, I heard some talking. When I went in, Jennie met my eyes.

I stared at her but she withdraws hers. She's wearing that white long sleeves of hers again. Her tight black jeans and boots.

I always find her so attractive when she's wearing that. I guess, she felt hot wearing the PPE and decided to take them off when she got here.

I just do what I'm supposed to do and boil some water.

I turned back to them and saw everything Jennie brought.

"I'll just talk to some other guards outside to help us bring these things to the quarantine area." Eomoni said. Jennie nodded and so do I.

And now we're the only ones here. She's busy packing some things, sorting them out bag by bag. I approached her and decided to help.

"Did you bring all of this today?"

"Dad picked me up." she said but still busy packing.

I watch her while she's busy packing. I bet she's been doing this since she came. I didn't know she's here already. She's already sweaty.

Why did those girls let her bring these things alone? Aish!

"Come here.."

I held her hand and she stood up from sitting. I took some paper towels and wiped her forehead. I fixed her hair and wiped the sides and her nape as well.

I glanced down at her and she's quietly looking down. I sighed and cups her cheeks for her to look at me. I smiled at her and pecks on her head.

"Did you miss me?"

"You're here for like a week already."

"I'm sorry.. I just can't leave my mom's side. And.."

I held her hands and pulled her closer to wrap them around my waist before hugging her tight.

"I'm sorry.. for everything. These past few days, I was just really worried and got mad before hearing your side."

I've felt her hug got tighter.

"I m-missed you. I'm really s-sorry for lying."

"It's okay.. it doesn't matter now. How are you back in the Nook?" I ask and looked at her.

"I slept alone, Lisa-yah.." she pouts.

"Aww.. sorry. I will be staying here until mom wakes up."

"Can I stay with you?"

"Do you want to?"

"Mhm.." she nodded and hugged me again.

"Lisa, I brought some for— Oh. Jennie.. you're here already."

Jennie smiled at her and nodded.

"Unnie, I think the water is boiling already."

Third Person's POV