Chapter 55: Unexpected

Third Person's POV

Lily looks at Robert and Jane while leaning on the table. She heaves a breath and exhales slowly.

"This is it, guys. We just have to distribute this to the others. I know we are lack of proper equipments here but it's enough to create few."

"As planned, we are going to start at the alert red. Yellow and orange can wait as we give them the transparent liquids."

"Speaking of that.. the girls are already on duty again." Robert says.

"Then, we will go to alert red and start there. Only few of them are left. We have to make sure that this works, if not, we are in big trouble."

"It will work, Lily. It worked to you. This will work to them also." Jane mutters and squeezed Lily's hand.

The woman nodded and they started their work again.

•••••

After the first half, they decided to rest for a bit while the others continued. Lily went back to her office to update the chart as always, then Lisa came in.

"Mom.." Lisa looks at her mother intently.

"Lisa, Park Chaeyoung. We need to bring her here."

"We can't. Some of the guards are starting to kill patients from alert red."

"We stopped them for a while."

"Mom."

"Do you want your friend to be cured?"

"Yes. But not here. Can we do it in the Nook?"

"The Nook?" Lily scoffs.

"Mom, please.."

Lily stared at her daughter. Lisa's persistent and stared back at her mother. Lily heaves a breath and exhales.

"Jennie knows how to do it, I guess? You guys bring the cure to the Nook."

"Yes. Of course she knows. Thank you, Mom."

"But.. as soon as you gave the shot to her, she needs to get admitted here for further examinations like the others." Lily elaborated.

"She will get unconscious the moment you guys gives her the cure. Few seizures will happen. That's why.. she's needed to be here." she explained.

Lisa nodded but she's anxious.

"We will bring her here as soon as possible. But mom, don't put her in alert red please."

"There's nothing else we could put her in."

"Orange can handle her, I'm sure."

"Lisa, I don't know."

"Please.. we will do it now. Just let her get admitted in orange."

"We'll see."

Lily grabbed syringes and small bottles. She gave them to Lisa and made sure it's secured. She explained everything to Lisa, even the shots for Chaeyoung's possible seizures. After, she looks at Lisa and smiles.

"Lisa, we're getting there. This will end before the petition gets all the votes."

"I'm hoping for the same thing, mom." Lisa said as she grabbed her bag and kept the things.

"Go." Lily says and watched Lisa went out of the office.

•••••

Lisa went inside their tent and looks at Jennie and Irene who are busy talking.