Chapter 8: Letting out frustrations

LISA's POV

I know I've mentioned how I find Chaeng so pretty when I first saw her in the university and had a big crush on her during those times. And now, I've been spending a lot of time with her than my best friend. I know I looked pathetic already and that feelings I had towards her is slowly coming back.

We're just really laughing all the time as we talk and she really is making me feel light and telling me all those words just to remind me that my father's death wasn't simple but he died protecting all of us. She just really knows what words to say.

It's just making me sad sometimes because the virus is slowly taking her. And sooner or later, she'll be one of them. I don't know what to feel than being hurt. But she always tells me that she's happy meeting us, spending time with us. Even before. Whenever we talk, it feels like.. she's saying every word as a farewell. Maybe because she knows it to herself that soon, somebody will put a bullet on her head. Maybe one of us will do it in the future.

All I could think of now is that she wants to spend the remaining days of her consciousness with us. And that's the same to me. She's a really strong girl. That she has never shown any signs of giving up to us. To me. Assuming that one day, she'd be choosing to just leave before she could do harm against us.

"Why are we here again?" Sana asked.

She's with our squad. She just spends a lot of time with her friend, Eunha, from Lieutenant Hwasa's platoon.

"To kill." Hyuna mumbles.

"See those infecteds roaming around? They want us to finish all of them in this place." she added while pointing at the hosts near the white house.

The government sends us to every place in the country just to lessen the hosts that are terrifying the place. The base is in Seoul. All youngsters from different places were called to train and kill. And then, platoon by platoon, they would deploy us in different places to do what supposedly done by them. Hays.

"Terrific." Sana mumbled and made us chuckle.

Jennie is quiet again beside me. Maybe, she's still thinking about her lost, her emotions. I always find her training so hard even at night. I have never seen her smiles yet again. I am worried about her actually. But I know she doesn't want to talk about it unless she started the conversation. She's always like that. Keeping her problems with her even I ask what's bothering her. She would always say, she's fine but she doesn't really look fine.

Then we started.

Gunshots here and there as we run towards the big house.

She's focused but still, her expressions looks so distracted. I've never been so angry with Kai. I was actually okay with him when Jennie introduced him to me as his boyfriend. She looked so happy and in love. But now, those emotions are gone. And I don't know how I will make her happy. Just being her best friend isn't enough these days. I've tried everything to make her laugh. I even let myself looked embarrassing in front of them just to make her laugh or even giggle but I always notice that she would just avert her gaze and went back to making herself busy.

"8 o'clock!" Hani unnie yelled. We fired.

She's at the top of a van with LE unnie, guiding us to where the infecteds are. But every time they find an opening, they fire too.

"Jen, let's have a bet." I mumbled.

"The one who shot through the heads more than the other wins. Consequence for the loser will give her dinner to the winner." I said as I shoot.