Chapter 6: Three people

I can see. Aside from the gloves, she brought some foods. She gazes at my direction but didn't actually look at me.

"I saw this in your bag. And we haven't eaten anything yet after our dinner last night. So, I brought it here." she said to Chaeng while giving her a pack of green leafy foods.

She opened a pack of sliced fruits and grabbed one. After, she motions it towards me. I shook my head and waves my hand.

"Eat. You haven't eaten anything yet too." she mutters while gazing at me.

We haven't even talked properly yet too after what happened. But she still cares.

"You're gonna eat or what?"

I hissed and grabbed it. Then I sat beside Chaeng while watching Jennie treats her wound carefully.

"It's been hours and I'm starting to feel dizzy." Chaeng said. I looked at her worriedly.

Jennie is so focused on her wound. She poured alcohol on the needle and prepared Chaeyoung for incision. Her arm is getting purple and veins are getting visible. Then she winced when Jennie started.

"I'll ask my mother for another serum. Don't worry." Jennie mumbles.

"By the way, have you talked to your mother about the vial?" I ask.

"Not yet. I haven't seen her yet after last night." she replied.

"What vial?" Chaeng asked.

Jennie looked at me then to Chaeng. She then continued on her wound. There's no reason to keep it from Chaeng though. She's our friend too. More trustworthy than the others.

"We found a vial at back of the staircase at the left wing part of the building. It's an orange serum. We don't know what it is yet. We gave it to her mother and she told us she'll examine the serum."

"From our previous facility?" Chaeng asks.

"Yes. There were boxes of it and I don't know what it is. Maybe, her mother could tell us after."

We keep on chatting while Jennie is focused on her wound. Then Hani unnie came back with fruits and wow.. rabbits on her hands.

"This is better than nothing, right?" she said.

"What do you mean.. that is great! The whole squad will feast on that." I said while giggling.

Hani unnie laid them beside me for a while and looked at Chaeyoung. She sat and stared at her wound.

"It looks bad." she mutters.

"It is bad." Jennie said shortly.

Chaeyoung sighed and strokes her hair.

"I don't know how long I can resist, guys. Sooner or later, one of you should kill me."

"Stop saying that." I mutter and knitted my brows to her.

"But I'm right. Maybe, two or three days, I can bear with the pain and illness but I don't know what would happen after." She said and sighed.

"We won't leave you hanging, I promise." Jennie assured her and cut the thread.

She prepared the gauzes and bandage. Hani unnie stood up and looked at me.

"Lisa, let's go back there for a while. Let's bring this rabbits. Jen, bring the fruits after." She said. Jennie just hummed and nods.

I stood up and wiped off the dirt on my pants then carried the rabbits. This is gonna be so great for our lunch.

We came here, at this place, almost dawn already. When we lined up earlier, the sun is almost coming up. Now, it's already bright outside this cave. I glanced back again to Jennie and Chaeng. Chaeng nodded to me and I smiled. Jennie just gazed at me then back to Chaeng again. I sighed and followed Hani unnie.