Chapter 36: Relieved

Third Person's POV

"My father was a cop." Lisa mumbles.

"Oh.. that's why you have these cleaning materials." Irene said.

"Yeah.. he was a cop. He taught me how to use and clean a gun. He was always so detailed whenever I watch him cleans his guns." Lisa giggles as she remembers.

"W-What happened to him? If you don't mind me asking."

"Well, his duty was in the quarantine area. My mother works there right now."

"Oh she's a cop too?"

"No. She's a doctor. Anyway, my dad was on patrol when the sudden attack in the quarantine area happened. Then, while I was in the Central, the first base we had, the alarms buzzed off and patients were rushed inside. I called my mom and she told me that my father was one of them." Lisa sighed when remembers. It's still hard for her how her dad died.

"The Central never allowed me to see him or at least get a glimpse of him even once. Then, another breakout happened in the base. My dad was shot in the action. The virus totally controlled him."

"I'm so sorry.. for your lost."

"It's okay. It happened already."

Lisa finished the gun and gave it back to Irene after assembling it again.

"Here. And surrender that immediately. This place looks safe and for some reasons, I really wanna stay here."

"Lisa.."

"Hm?" she hummed as she picks up her cleaning materials.

"I uhh, saw Jennie walked out on you earlier."

Lisa sighed as she remembers.

"Yeah.. she's upset."

"Is everything okay with you?"

Lisa looked at Irene. She stared at her and took a deep breath.

"I hope so."

"How long have you been dating her?"

Lisa chuckles and looked at Irene again.

"Do you really wanna know that? After you gave me that water?" she teased.

Irene suddenly bent her head.

"Tss. It's okay.. but I'm really sorry." Lisa chuckles.

"Tss. I just like you, not like I want to ruin anything." Irene mutters. Lisa looked at her shocked.

Irene didn't even notice what she said and just realised it when Lisa looked at her with that expression.

"I uhh.. I-I'll b-bring t-this out."

Irene abruptly stood up and runs outside their room. Lisa just laughed when the girl's totally out. She shakes her head and puts back her materials in her bag and laid on her bed.

Then her thoughts occupied by Jennie. She sighed again and rubs her face.

•••••

"How can you even like her, unnie?" Yeri mutters.

"Yeah.. after what she did." Joy seconded.

"We all know what happened and you still did that dare thing to her." Wendy said.

"Girls, we all know too that, she's just doing her job before and she didn't know anything during those times, obviously." Irene defended.

"I thought you're mad at her?" Seulgi asks.