Chapter 65: Justice(Finale)

Third Person's POV

The alarm is still going on, ringing from ear to ear.

Inside the facility, the people and soldiers look at the commander-in-chief. He stared back at them before standing.

10

The countdown starts.

9

The president gritted his teeth and again, eyed the people inside. Soldiers nodded to him.

8

He faced the table again and opened the top lid from the machine. He closed his eyes.

7

He inhales and exhales deeply.

6

"Do it now, sir."

He looked at the screen.

5

The president is terrified. With his hands shaking rapidly, he placed his fingers on top of the red button.

4

He's nervous to the bone. Whether he pressed the button or what, there was a 50-50 chance that the missiles would stop.

3

"Sir, it's now or never! We don't have a choice!"

2

Again, the president closed his eyes and pressed the red button.

All of them gulped thickly while staring at the screen.

Then the red lights stopped, turned off automatically. The alarm stopped and the screen flashed the countdown.

00:00:01

And it immediately disappeared from the screen.

•••••

"DAD!!"

Jennie looked around and she and Lisa leaned down to Mr. Kim.

"Abeoji!" Lisa called him but he's not responding.

The soldiers immediately ran to Dr. Bae to check his lifeless body and they confirmed it. Irene and Jinyoung are just standing near the man, looking at him. Then Irene started crying. Jinyoung immediately hugged her sister while still glaring at their father.

"I-It's fine, noona." he mumbled and rubs Irene's back.

The girl dropped on the ground, crying so hard. She leaned down and cried on her father's bloody chest.

"W-Why?" she mumbled.

"Why did you have to do this?! WHY?!!" she screams and hits her father's lifeless body. Jinyoung beside her, started crying as he watches his older sister.

Meanwhile..

"Dad. Dad, wake up." Jennie started crying too as she tried her best to wake up her dad.

"Dad, p-please." Jennie hugs him as she cries. Lisa wipes her tears and rubs Jennie's back.

After few minutes, Mr. Kim suddenly coughed. Jennie pulled back and stared at her father.

"Dad? Dad!"

Mr. Kim coughed some more before moving.

"Baby." he mumbled and held Jennie's shoulders. He reached for his chest and pulled something out. The bullet on his bulletproof vest.

"Girls, teach me how to use a gun too like Marco did to you. Gosh! I thought I was gonna die. But no one can hurt my daughter." he said as he gets up and hugs Jennie. He reached for Lisa too and hugged her as well.