Chapter 16: Little confessions

Third Person's POV

Jennie took a deep breath before approaching Lisa, who's busy laughing with the others while helping Jungkook to his laptop again. She glanced at Hani, the older nodded. Jennie then continued and approaches Lisa.

"Uhm.." Jennie gulped.

"L-Lisa.."

The girl turned to her and frowned. The last thing she wanted to see.

"C-Can we talk?"

"I'm busy." Lisa said and turned to what she's doing again.

"O-Okay. S-Sorry." Jennie mumbles breathily.

She pressed her lips and bent her head before walking away. She jogged her way to their tent and sat on her bed. She took a deep breath and exhales slowly, trying to resist her tears. She gulped thickly before biting her lower lip.

She turned when Hani came in. Then she suddenly can't stop her tears as she watched Hani walks to her quickly.

"I t-told you.."

"No.. no. She's just doing something. You know.. you saw. Just.. wait for another chance." Hani said while wiping Jennie's tears and holding her hands.

Jennie shook her head and cries. She sobbed really hard.

"I saw how the others looked at me, unnie." Jennie cries.

"Don't mind them." Hani muttered and rubs Jennie's back.

•••••

Jennie keeps on waiting until Lisa is free but she never got the chance again because Lisa is keeping herself really busy. But then, before the night falls, Lisa exhales in tiredness and sat on a log while staring at the cave. She then turned when she noticed Jennie.

"What?" I frowned.

"Are you free now?" Jennie asked.

"No, I'm still busy."

Jennie arched her brows and watched Lisa doing nothing. She then bent her head and turned her back.

"Yah!" Lisa stood up and holds Jennie's wrist. Jennie turned to her.

"I'm just kidding.. I'm free now." she said.

"You want to talk? What is it?" Lisa asked and gently pulled Jennie back to the log she's sitting a while and sat back.

She looked at Jennie while the girl just stands near her. She pulled her again and let her sit beside her.

"What? You can speak to me though. Is it about the serum? What is it?"

"It's not about the serum. I-It's about..— Lisa! Oh? Bad timing?" Jungkook called.

"Actually, yes. Just.. go ask somebody else! Aish!" Lisa scowled. Jennie turned and looked at Jungkook then turned back to Lisa.

"It's okay.. this can wait actually. If you have— I already told him to ask somebody else, what is it you want to talk about?"

Jennie took a deep breath and looked at Lisa. Lisa arched her brows and waited.

"You know what.. I will leave you here if you don't talk."

Lisa stared at her and waited again. She heaves a breath and stood up but then Jennie holds her hand. She sat down again.

"I j-just don't know where to start." Jennie mumbled.

"How about start with that kiss that ruined everything between us? No.. start with those times when you told me to not look at you.. those days when you started to act so awkward with me.. start to that time when you and Kai broke up and blamed me for that.— I don't blame you, I told you already!"