C.51

Reagan's PoV

"You really don't want to take a bath together?" I was currently sitting on the bed wrapped in the blankets while Zack was standing near the bathroom door.

"It's fine, I'll take one after you get out" I smiled at him before turning my attention back to the movie playing. It was some romance comedy. There were some cheesy parts, but overall it was pretty good.

"Suit yourself, I won't be long" The bathroom door shut quietly, and soon I was left alone in the bedroom. It didn't take long before I heard the water turn on. I wish I had the confidence to go in there with him, but I didn't.

"Reagan?" I looked over towards the bedroom door, it was my mother. "Come in" The door slowly opened to reveal her wearing a dark red nightgown with her hair pulled into a low ponytail.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I didn't want to talk to her, but it was better than sitting alone watching a movie. Nodding my head I watched her shut the door before walking towards me. She sat down next to me, the smell of peaches overwhelmed my nose.

I liked the smell, but it brought back memories I didn't want.

"I-I know we have our ups and downs- but there's one thing we can agree on." I looked over at her, she was staring at the television. "I don't want you marrying that scumbag" She turned her head to looked at me. My body felt cold all of a sudden.

What? Was she talking about Andrew? Or Zack?

"I know just the type of person Andrew is, along with his sick pig of a father." I still felt shocked at how she was speaking, she always seemed so proper and elegant at times. But now it seemed like a lioness was here in her place.

She continued to talk while I sat still.

"Your father knows exactly why I don't like that family, and yet- he went behind my back" There were tears in her eyes and I stood up. I hated seeing her cry, even if I hated her. I hated it when my father made her cry.

"Why are you here?"

"Your father will never learn, Ray" My heart stopped at the nickname, she always called me Ray when I was younger, before she became so distant.

"This time, I'm leaving. I'm divorcing him and moving" Divorcing him?

"H-he'll have you killed if you leave! Do you know how many people would kill to get their hands on you?" I moved my hands to emphasize my point.

"I'm much tougher than I look. Let him come after me, Ray. He won't be able to lay a hand on me."

"What do you mean by that?" I didn't know what she meant by that, I couldn't understand why she would leave him with such a huge risk.

"You want to know the truth Ray?" Nodding my head I leaned against the dresser.

"Your father- Quinton Katelyn, married a woman who was born to lead the Oden household. Your father was nothing before he met me, and once he married me he claimed that I- Whitney Oden married into the family. That bullshit spread around like wildfire and I never corrected it because I thought it was love."

My mind was running wild with the new information, I was fed lies, West was fed lies, and so were others. "S-so then-"

"Once I hand him the papers, he'll be like putty in my hands."