C.61

Reagan's PoV

"Its ridiculous, honestly. How does he think he can just demand me to go? Especially when its to see him—" I sat across from Alexandria at the kitchen table. She looked at me with a caring gaze.

"I wouldn't want to go either. I don't understand how you feel one-hundred percent, I wish I could" She quickly looked away from me, down at her hands.

"Its okay.." West left the house and was currently out with Raven and Zack. Leaving Alexandria and I at the house. I don't want to be near any of them.
"Why don't we make something?" Alex stood up looking down at me with a big smile.
"S-sure" standing up with her I walked over to the bookcase grabbing one of the cook books from it.

"What're you in the mood for?" I looked over my shoulder to see her staring down at her phone with a blush tinting her cheeks. What was she looking at?

"A-anything is fine!" She rushed her words out before shoving her phone into her pocket.

Opening the oven I was hit with the heat along with the delicious smell of banana bread. "It looks so good!" We decided on banana bread. It's easy to make and a personal favorite of mine. "Its beautiful" Alexandria clapped her hands with a big smile on her face.

We froze hearing the front door open and slam shut. Setting the pan down onto the counter I looked behind me to see Xavier stumble through the front door. My eyes widened in shock before I went running over to him.

"R-Reagan" He reached forward before falling into my arms. He was shaking in fear. But what angered me the most was that he was covered in bruises and cuts. Alex followed behind me before gasping.

"Zavier what happened.." I gently placed my hand on his back before freezing.

"Alex call an ambulance!" I turned to her quickly with tears in my eyes.
He had multiple stab wounds in his back.
It felt like everything was starting to collapse around me. Xavier didn't deserve what happened to him. My mind was running wild with thoughts before I heard the sirens.

"He'll be okay Reagan" Alex had her arms wrapped around me while we watched the medics carry him into the van. She continued to reassure me, but I couldn't wrap my mind around it. I knew things like this could happen. Xavier knew as well. But nothing could prepare me to see him laying lifeless in my arms.

"Lets go to the hospital, I'll call Zack on the way there..." shaking her arms away from me I walked into the house, grabbing my keys off the counter before going back out into the cold weather.

My body felt numb while we both got into the car.
----------------------------------

I sat in the chair outside of the room they brought Xavier to, tapping my foot anxiously against the tiled floor. Alex went to get us something to eat from the Tim Horton's in the hospital, I felt bad since I didn't have an appetite. But she still went.

"Reagan!" Glancing up quickly I saw Zack rushing over towards me with West and Raven following behind him. Tears pooled in my eyes. And I could no longer hold back my emotions before I broke out into a sob.

Standing up abruptly I ran into his open arms before crying. I couldn't stand seeing people I held close to me getting hurt.

"Are you alright? You're not hurt right?" Cupping my face in his hands he made me look up into his eyes. Shaking my head softly he pressed his forehead against mine.

"Xavier will be okay, he'll get through this" I listened closely to his words, as well as the words Alex spoke. I was holding onto them for dear life.

"I-I hope so, but what if—"

"No 'what if's' Reagan" Zack sat down in the chair near the door while I followed. I glanced over to West and Raven to see Raven sitting on the chair with her face in her hands.

While West had his hand on her back. I knew this affected Raven more. They were basically siblings with how close they were to each other. Xavier was like a younger brother to her.

"I brought us muffins—" Alex froze before placing them onto the table and running over to Raven.