C.38

Zack's PoV

"I'll wait forever if I have to" I whispered softly, wrapping my arms around his waist while nuzzling my face against his chest. Reagan smelled like strawberries, which I found relaxing. Humming quietly he moved his hands up to my hair, ruffling it. 

"Weirdo" He giggled, I glanced up at him to see him with a smile on his face. "Am I really?" I shifted around with him on my lap, leaning against the headboard.

 "No" Reagan murmured, cupping my face in his hands. My heart started racing at the thought of his lips pressed against mine, but was he even ready for that? "Actually, sometimes you are. But, I like it" Bringing his face closer to mine he closed his eyes, I could feel his breath fanning against my nose. I slowly closed my eyes, wrapping my arms tighter around him. 

A knock on the door made Reagan hop off my lap almost immediately, his face was beet red and I couldn't believe someone interrupted us. I almost kissed him. "Damn" Mumbling I covered my face with my hands. "Who is it?"

 I felt Reagan climb off the bed and walk over to the door. "It's West" I removed my hands at his voice, seeing him wearing a black sweatsuit. "Where are you going?" Reagan placed his hand on his hip, looking West up and down. I rolled over to the edge of the bed, walking over to Reagan. Standing behind him I glared at West, mouthing him to leave. He only looked at me with a frown before his eyes widened slightly.

 "To the store, I'm picking up a few things for dinner tomorrow" 

"Pick up steak, I haven't had that in a while!" Reagan beamed, jumping slightly. West only laughed and I felt my heart warm up. He was always so adorable. A voice in my head reminded me that Reagan was part of the mafia. Letting out a sigh I felt my mood darken a little.

 "Be safe" Reagan waved to West, he nodded his head and walked down the hallway. "He really ruined it" Reagan whispered and I felt my face heat up. He was planning on kissing me. He turned around, jumping back with his eyes wide. 

"Why would you stand behind me? See, that makes you weird. I didn't even know you were there." Huffing Reagan pushed past me and hopped onto the bed. 

"Whatever" I felt myself become embarrassed, sighing I turned around and walked over to see him wrapped in the blankets. His hair was sticking up in some areas and he had his eyes on the television.

 "So now you're going to just leave me for the movie?" I climbed onto the bed, he glanced over at me with narrow eyes.

 "You're such a big baby" Reagan grumbled, unwrapping the blanket to grab at my arm. I looked down at him with wide eyes, he simply looked away from me with a blush tinting his cheeks. "Come here" 

I happily crawled next to him, wrapping my arms around his waist to pull him closer. We laid silently watching the movie, Reagan had his face nestled against my chest with the blankets over us. I mindlessly moved my hand slowly moved from his waist down to his thigh. He sucked in a breath and jumped up throwing the covers off himself.

 "Its too hot in here! Let's go downstairs" Reagan looked over at me with a big smile, there was a blush on his face. I looked at him for a moment wondering why he jumped, but the realization hit me. I forgot where he was for a moment and what could've happened. I got up and sat at the edge of the bed.

 "R-Reagan I didn't mean t-to-" 

"It's okay.." He whispered, grabbing at the edge of his shirt. "You just surprised me" Reagan glanced up at me holding his hand out. "Let's go downstairs" I nodded my head, standing up to grab his. God, I was so stupid at some times. 

_________________________________________

We both stood in the enterance way to the kitchen to see Alexandria putting cookie dough onto a sheet pan, while Raven was making a different cookie batter. How were they getting along already? Reagan cleared his throat, making them both look up at us. Raven immediatly looked away. What did he do? 

"I see you guys are baking. Where's Xavier?" Reagan sat down at the table, Alexandria hummed for a moment before speaking up.

 "He went with West to go shopping for a few more things." Alexandria  opened the oven and placed the pan in, grabbing the second one that was already in the oven. I sat down next to Reagan, listening to them talk. 

"Do I smell chocolate chip cookies?" I jumped at the sound of Xavier's voice. Looking over to the door I saw Xavier standing with the front door open, holding about five grocery bags in his hands. West slowly followed him into the house with more bags. 

"They're fresh out of the oven" Alex yelled back, and he dropped the bags and ran to us. He seemed like such a child for his age. How old was he anyways? "Xavier?" He looked over at me, with a cookie in his mouth with two more in his hands.

 "What?" He asked with his face stuffed. "How old are you?" With confusion on his face he held the two cookies in one hand and snapped his fingers. After finishing the food in his mouth he finally spoke up. He took forever. "I'm twenty, and a freshman in college" Freshman in college shouldn't he- 

"I didn't start college right after highschool, I stayed to help Reagan for my first year. So I'm starting now" He looked down at me before shoving another cookie into his mouth, then grabbed more off the tray. For someone so fit he ate so much. 

"What'd you guys get?" Reagan got up and helped West with the bags, they both walked over and placed them onto the table. 

"Just the basics, and then a few things for dinner tonight" West smiled at Reagan, can't lie. It made me a little jealous to see Reagan look so happy. But at the same time it warmed my heart. He was home where he should be. 

West pulled cereal, eggs, milk, bacon, butter, and other items from the bags near him, while Reagan had icecream and cookie dough in his. His eyes lit up and he pulled out a bottle of wine. "Dinner is going to be great tonight, but where's the steak?" 

"We already had that" West pointed towards the fridge and I had to hold in a laugh. Reagan hasn't checked the fridge at all. 

"Really?" He walked to the fridge and opened it to see around four packs of steak, in each pack was five large steaks. It wouldn't go to waste, I knew that since being here. They were used to eating like this. 

"So many!" He beamed, glancing over his shoulder he looked at me. Our eyes met and I felt the blood rush to my face. 

"Let's eat!" Alexandria said, placing all of the cookies into a container, Raven took the remaining pan out of the oven. Reagan nodded his head, turning away to grab the packages. I could only watch him enjoy himself while they cooked together.