Meeting the Metal Man

I don't own One Piece. If I did, one very SUPERRRR guy would get more screen time.

-----------------------------------------------

"I honestly cannot believe Lucci is letting you walk around like this," Mello hissed as you leant back against a chimney.

'Well I'm not.' Stifling a yawn, you relished the warm morning sun on your skin, 'The collar's got a tracking device on it remember? And it's not like Lucci or the others can keep an eye on me. They've got jobs to do, especially since we shot Iceburg last night.'

"And I guess the neighbours would have been suspicious if there was someone in Kalifa's 'uninhabited' property... " He grimaced. "Apologies Missy. I know I'm being somewhat unreasonable. I am merely..."

'Paranoid?'

"...precisely."

Wasn't that just the buzzword of the day. Although, you snorted, it would be weird if you weren't anxious in this situation. You felt you were handling it pretty well though. You hadn't had a breakdown yet, which was nice. Even if every fiber of your being wanted to scream. No you were handling the situation just fine.

The people of Water 7, however, were a different story. The mainstreets were sheer chaos, people making enough of a racket to be heard from where you were in the backstreets. Although, you shrugged, shooting their beloved mayor would do that. It didn't matter if he was dead or not. It was more the principle of the thing. Even all the way out here there were hastily plastered posters on every wall, each showing a series of four bounty posters.

Missy Sai. Nico Robin. Monkey D Luffy. Roronoa Zoro.

Was it just you or were they staring at you. Condemningly. You shuddered, and readjusted the mask on your face. Paranoia was one deadly foe.

"So-" Mello continued bluntly as you gazed down from the rooftops- "I take it you don't have a plan."

You snorted, 'Of course I don't. But-' You grimaced- 'I don't want to go with Robin to say goodbye.'

She'd left in the early morning, leaving you to wake up with the sight of a dusty room and a plain handwritten note. Over the past few days you hadn't even said a word to each other. And now what? A note? A note?! She couldn't even say this to your face. To say that the two of you should sever your ties to the Straw Hat crew. Separately.

You couldn't resist the urge to chuckle as you ripped it up. She must know that they wouldn't listen. You'd warned them about this, they were prepared to go to hell and back just to save you alone. Let alone both of you. Saying goodbye would just be adding fuel to an already burning fire.

At least she'd left you the notepad and pencil. That much you could appreciate.

"Well if that's the case, what exactly are you intending to do about this?"

Sighing, you pushed off from the clay roof, 'I don't know. I don't know in the slightest, Mello.'

In all honesty you just wanted to walk. Let your feet take you where they felt was right. Although, come to think of it, that hadn't worked so well in the past. But...

"Oi!"

Your hand reached for the collar as it seemed to tighten around your neck.

"Oi kid!"

What other choice did you have?

"OOOOOOOOOI!"

Your teeth ground against each other. Could that guy quit that yelling?! It was ruining your internal musing.