Now that's a whale...

You made a face of begrudging respect, "So that's what I meant by a whale. That's nice."

"YOU THINK!" Everyone, including Luffy to your surprise, screamed at you.

"THAT'S MORE LIKE A MOUNTAIN THAN A WHALE!" Usopp shook his head in desperation as he clung to the mast as a lifeline.

"Well I think it's an island whale, and a small one at that from what I've heard."

"A SMALL ONE?" His eyes rolled backwards and he started to froth at the mouth.

Nami held up her hand her , "Now this is all well and good, BUT WE ARE HEADING TOWARDS THAT THING FAST! WE NEED TO MOVE OUTTA THE WAY!"

"Well the helm's broken and all, so I think we're pretty screwed."

"MISSY I SWEAR IF WE SURVIVE THIS I'M GONNA PUMMEL YOUR ASS INTO THE GROUND!"

"NOW THAT IS NO WAY TO SPEAK TO (y/n)-CHWAN, FILTHY MARIMO!"

"Oh chill already. As far as I can tell, none of us are going to die." You giggled, "Live a little."

"Missy...please just stop talking. You're making it worse."

"I just got a good idea!"

Nami looked at him incredulously as he ran inside the ship, "Luffy? What do you mean?"

"It won't tuuuuuuurn!" Usopp, Sanji and Zoro were unsuccessfully attempting to grasp what little was left of the helm and shove it to the side.

Frozen in place, Nami's eyes widened and her arms fell limply to her sides as she looked up at the quickly approaching black mass. You silently agreed with her, words alone could not possibly attempt to describe the titanic size of this anima. Even its eyes alone were at least ten times the size of the ship you were standing on.

Suddenly, the cannon at the front of the Merry fired at the whale. You were thrown off the mast and into the sea due to the sheer force of the ship's deceleration.

"I'm quite surprised at the level of thought that rubber boy put into this, that was quite a sophisticated way to slow the ship down. Using conservation of momentum-"

You surfaced and spat out a mouthful of salty water, 'Shut up Mello. Not really in the mood for a physics lecture.'

You ignored him as he started to protest about the value of science, and instead started to swim after the Merry. The ship had travelled a little further than you had, and was now touching the whale's side. The sheep head had snapped off completely, and you had no doubt that Luffy was going to be pissed.

To your shock, oars dropped into the water either side of the Merry and they started to paddle off.

"HEY ASSHOLES! I KNOW AT LEAST MOP-BOY WANTS ME DEAD, BUT THIS IS JUST CRUEL!" You started to swim faster through the choppy waves in a fruitless effort to catch up.

"They probably haven't realised that you're not there..."

'That hurts even more...'

"BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

"AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaGGGGGGGGGGHhhhhhhh!" You treaded water as you clasped your ears. The aggressive waves produced by the whale's cry made it even harder to catch up to the fleeing ship.

"That thing really is loud..."

'YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE EARS MELLONTAS, FANCY SWITCHING FOR A BIT?'

"I think not."

'TRAITOR!'

After the whale finished screaming, you floated on your back for a bit to regain your breath.