Chapter 13. Cat and Mouse

The moment the teenage girls and Gulnas were out of sight, swallowed by the human sea, Misha turned on his heels and sprinted off to who knew where. Without a single glance backward, the boy rushed into the crowd, leaving a dumbstruck Gabriel behind him.

"....?!"

Soon enough, Misha heard Gabriel calling his name amidst the noises of the amusement park. But he didn't look back and instead shouted to cover up the background noise, "You're the cat!"

That being said, Misha let out a loud laugh before zigzagging his way through the crowd, running as fast as his small legs allowed him to. From time to time, he veered to the left, then to the right, trying to make it harder for Gabriel to follow him. It was already difficult to find his little, blonde head among the crowd of adults and teenagers, and with him running all over the place...

Still, Misha knew that it wasn't enough to shake off the teenager. Although that guy was a bookworm, he was also a sports freak. If there was one thing he didn't lack, it was stamina—unlike Misha, who was already panting his lungs out.

"Wait, wait, wait! Misha, wait! Please, stop running!" Gabriel screamed like a broken record, avoiding and apologizing to the passersby who crossed his path.

But Misha blatantly ignored him. It was as if he had suddenly turned deaf.

The reason for fleeing was simple. If Gabriel were to lose him in the middle of an amusement park, how would his mother and sister react? Even if they didn't cut the teenager out of their life, he would undoubtedly lose a few points. They wouldn't hold him in high esteem anymore, making it easier for Misha to plot against him.

Of course, the idea of frightening his loved ones and wrecking his sister's birthday didn't rejoice Misha; it even made him hesitate. But in the end, he had no other choice. If he waited for too long, Masha would grow more attached to Gabriel, and this trick wouldn't have the same impact as it would today.

Moreover, such a good opportunity was rare to come by. Misha thus pushed aside his misgivings, telling himself that he would make it up to his sister and organize the best birthday party ever for her next birthday. As long as the slag man wasn't in their life anymore, everything would be alright, and the days, full of sunshine.

Misha took a deep breath and comforted himself. Yes, he didn't have a choice but to ruin his sister's special day. It was inevitable, and he didn't have to feel guilty about it—he was doing it to save her life!

Although his mind was busy, his speed didn't slow down. Misha recklessly moved around, almost bumping into the passersby every two seconds, always avoiding them by an inch. He had to run faster, so much faster.

'After reuniting with mom and sis', I'd have to put on a good show to discredit everything Gabriel will say,' Misha thought. He pondered over it as he ran, and an idea finally popped into his mind after seeing a man on the phone.

What about this? It wasn't him who started to run around without warning; no, it was all Gabriel's fault. He was busy talking on the phone with another girl, too wrapped up in his conversation to notice his disappearance. If Misha added teary eyes to his words, it'd set his mother and sister on fire, and the scolding would only become fiercer. Yup. It was perfect.

However, Misha had forgotten one little thing; he currently had the body of a nine-year-old kid, which didn't have the same endurance as his adult body. In addition, it wasn't in good shape.

Before long, Misha felt sick to his stomach, and after a short while, his legs seemed to turn to jelly. Once again, the aftereffects of transmigrating into his younger self started to show up. Goddammit, it was so annoying! What about his grand plan?!