Chapter 109. .... Big Brother?

After gently poking the puppy's nose, Misha watched it shake its head and blink its big, round eyes. It then sneezed three times in a row before trying to chew on the naughty finger, but it failed as Misha swiftly withdrew his hand, safely escaping the dog's wrath. All it could do was spin around, yapping and shaking its curly tail. And once it realized that it couldn't retaliate, it turned its back on the boy, seemingly pouting.

At long last, the dog's antics managed to make Misha smile faintly, thinking that it was a little cute.

In the past timeline, that little pug was still alive; however, it was old, very, very old. Misha had grown accustomed to its white muzzle, having forgotten that it was once black, and seeing it so small and young again was somewhat perturbing. Before his transmigration, that old thing only knew how to sleep and poop, but now, it was running around everywhere, rolling on the ground when it wasn't playfully biting people's ankles.

'Well, some things do not change no matter the timeline. Dereck's parents still bought him a pug puppy for Christmas, still calling it Lady,' Misha inwardly chuckled, petting the squishy dog before pulling on its fat cheeks. 'It's as plump as ever, huh.'

"Why are you teasing my dog so much? If you keep agitating her, she won't sleep this afternoon. She will take a nap this evening instead and stay up all night, causing trouble left and right," Dereck sighed as he entered his bedroom, holding a glass of water in each hand. "So? What did you want to ask me?"

Misha took the glass of water his friend handed him, then lifted his eyes to glance at Dereck's confused face. Honestly, he wasn't very proud to ask a kid for advice, but bad habits were hard to break. Whenever he was stuck on something in his past life, he would always run to Dereck, slamming the door open to ask for his help. Since childhood, his friend had always been more mature and composed, giving great advice that made Misha's life a lot easier. It helped him not do too many stupid things.

"I'd like your advice on something, actually."

"Well, on what?"

"You see, I kind of have something to say to my sister, but I really don't know how to bring it up. It's something hard to accept and I'm afraid she won't believe me. And I know it'll also hurt her a lot, like a lot, and it makes me hesitate."

"Is it about Gabriel again?" Dereck wondered, tilting his head. "Do you still think he's a demon? Do you want her to break up and cut ties with him? If it's that, I think you should give up. I mean, Gabriel didn't get angry, not even once, despite all the nasty pranks we did...."

Misha choked on the water he was about to swallow, his cheeks flushing slightly in shame. He truly had given Gabriel hell, hadn't he...?

Hitting his chest, he answered between two fits of coughing, "No, no! I don't want that anymore, trust me." He inwardly added, 'To start with, they're not even dating for real!'

Unlike what Misha had first thought, Gabriel wasn't a two-faced demon; on the contrary, he was his family's guardian angel. And yet, he had been so vicious to him, provoking and taunting him at every opportunity. It was a wonder how Gabriel hadn't lost his patience and stayed gentle and calm. Misha knew he would have blown up more than once if he had been in his shoes.

'I should apologize for everything I did one of these days....' he thought before pushing the matter aside. He had other things to worry about for now.

"What with the face? It really has nothing to do with Gabriel. Well, it somewhat does, but not the way that you think. Anyway, I'm just not able to muster the courage to tell her. Every time I try to, I've got this lump in my throat that makes talking difficult, and I end up saying nothing. Pathetic, right?"