Chapter 81. WTF

Misha hummed a song as he fluttered about in the kitchen, a broad smile plastered on his lips. Pink bubbles floated around him wherever he went, letting everyone know that he had woken up in a good mood this morning. And because Misha was in a good mood, he felt like cooking one hell of a breakfast for his sister and Gabriel. Time went on, but he didn't seem to realize how sumptuous the table looked, with its various dishes and exquisite tablecloth, and instead continued to busy himself, cooking a few more servings.

Today was Friday, and a few days ago, Stephan promised to visit in the evening. Although Misha would have to start cooking supper directly after returning from school, it didn't matter. He couldn't wait to flip through the photo albums, so he couldn't care less about losing a bit of his free time. He could even cook for hours if needed!

In his past life, Misha had never seen any picture of Gabriel as a child. Well, his past self also never thought of asking to see them. But after hearing about their existence, he became curious, and his curiosity only grew stronger as he listened to Stephan describe several photos he had. Now, Misha wanted to see what little Gabriel looked like with his own two eyes, and it was somewhat hard to contain his impatience.

After putting the last plate on the table, Misha swept his eyes over his work of art before nodding approvingly. That should do it. Satisfied, he screamed, "Masha! Gabriel! Breakfast is ready!"

However, there was no answer.

"Masha? Gabriel?"

Again, only silence responded to his queries.

Frowning, Misha untied his apron, putting it on a chair before climbing the stairs and walking to his sister's bedroom. As he knocked on the door, he opened it and peeked inside the room—he had never been the kind to wait for an answer.

"You didn't hear me? I said—"

Misha swallowed back the words he was about to say and instead rushed to his sister's bed. He unceremoniously crawled onto it, softly asking, "What's wrong, sis'?"

A loud sniff resounded as Masha turned her head toward her brother, surprise distorting her beautiful face. She quickly wiped off the tears gathered at the corner of her eyes, but it was too late; Misha had already seen them, and besides, her cheeks were stained from the tears she had shed. It let everyone know she had been crying for quite some time.

After meeting his eyes with her brother's, Masha seemed to panic, not knowing what to do. She wanted to say something, yet nothing came out of her mouth.

Gabriel, who was gently stroking Masha's back as if to comfort her, was the first to speak. "Don't worry, she only had a nightmare."

"Yeah, it's just—" Masha took a deep breath, weakly smiling, "It's just a bad nightmare, a very, very bad nightmare. I'll be fine in no time, so don't worry."

"But—"

"Breakfast is ready, right? We're coming, so you can go back downstairs first. We'll join you soon," Gabriel interrupted, his tone reassuring.

Misha suspiciously eyed the couple and didn't immediately agree. Instead, he scurried over and took his sister in his arms, kissing her forehead. "Even if it's just a bad nightmare, you can talk to me about it, you know?"

Masha seemed to hesitate before hugging her little brother back. "I know. I'll tell you one day, okay?"

"Okay," Misha nodded before reluctantly letting her go. "I'll wait for you downstairs. Don't take too long, or else the food is going to get cold."

That being said, Misha glanced askance at Gabriel, who smiled in response as if to tell him he'd take care of his sister, letting him know that he had nothing to worry about and should prepare to leave for school. After all, didn't he have an important test this morning?