Chapter 82. The Cat is Out of The Bag

After what seemed to be an eternity, Stephan took it upon himself to break the silence, coughing a few times to draw everyone's attention. Then, he said to Misha, "Maybe you could close the door first. It's kinda cold."

Only then did Misha realize he had forgotten to close the front door, allowing the cold air of winter to enter the house and permeate the living room. Once the teenager reminded him, he shut it with a bang before taking off his boots, followed by his coat, gloves, and hat, which he carelessly threw on the floor. The whole time, his eyes never left his sister, who was fidgeting in her wheelchair.

"Misha," Gabriel said, diverting the boy's attention to him. "Why aren't you in school?"

"I'm skipping, what of it?" the boy replied with a smile that wasn't quite a smile.

Upon seeing that sweet yet cold smile of his, everyone present in the living room felt a shiver run down their spines, giving them goosebumps. Such a composed expression was much scarier than his usual outburst, in which he openly showed his displeasure and anger on his face. It was like the calm before the storm, and the incoming storm would surely be a brutal one, the kind that devastated everything in its wake.

No one dared to say anything, and they all silently watched the boy as he walked up to the sofa, sitting between Yuki and Gabriel. After comfortably positioning himself, Misha swept a gaze around the room, observing everyone's face for a short second before focusing his attention on his sister. As he stared at her, sweat beaded on her forehead, and before long, she averted her eyes, resembling a child who knew they had done wrong.

"So? What about your girlfriend?" Misha asked in a friendly voice that nevertheless carried a hint of silent anger.

"I..." Masha opened her mouth but closed it soon afterward, not knowing what to say.

It was the first time Misha had ever seen his sister so frightened, and deep down, it hurt him like nothing else. What was she so afraid of? Why did he never hear of a girlfriend, both in this timeline and the previous one? What exactly was going on? And why were Gabriel and Stephan so close earlier? By the look of it, the teenager was most likely taking advantage of the young man, touching him all over with his dirty paws.

Misha had such thoughts twirling in his head because he knew what kind of man Stephan was, a famous playboy who swung both ways and had no moral ground. That guy never hid it in his past life, often coming up to the bar to have a drink with his one-night stand. The number of women and men Misha had seen wrapped around his boss's arm was countless, and he only worked for him for a few months!

With this in mind, it wouldn't be surprising if Stephan had some idea about Gabriel, who was also precisely the type of man he liked. Who knows what was going in his head whenever he acted coy, attaching himself to Gabriel like a leech? It was one of the many reasons why Misha didn't like the teenager clinging to Gabriel. He always felt a pang of jealousy whenever those two acted all close and secretive.

And now, it seemed like Gabriel was well aware of his friend's tendencies and sexual orientation. It also felt like he didn't mind it much, letting him do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. But that wasn't the matter at hand, and Misha decided not to care about it for the time being.

"You know..." Misha sighed, taking a deep breath to calm down. "I'm not angry at you because you have a girlfriend 'cause seriously, I don't give a fuck about your lover's gender. I'm angry because you hid it from me! And I'm angry because Gabriel played along, and you two took me for a fool!"

The boy paused to let his words sink in. Even Stephan, who loved to spout nonsense 24 hours a day, was silent, his head lowered as he quietly listened to the scolding. But as Misha was about to resume, Yuki unexpectedly interrupted him. Her voice was calm and even, soothing anyone who heard it, Misha included.