Chapter 110. And you, are you?

"So... How do you feel?" Misha asked in a worried tone, sitting next to his sister. "I know it's a lot to take in...."

"To be honest, I feel like shit," Masha sighed, rubbing her throbbing temples. "Not only did you travel back in time, but Gabriel did so too....? And in both of your past timelines, mom was run over by a car and died. In one, I committed suicide, and in the other, my legs were disabled. And to boot it all, the woman I love more than anything is actually a two-faced bitch who's toying with my heart. Seriously, it's a hard pill to swallow."

"I know," Misha whispered, appearing ill at ease, "but it's the truth!"

"Please, don't make that face. I didn't say that I don't believe you; it's just difficult to imagine. To think that I would take my own life...." Masha paused to take a deep breath before exhaling, "It's a little unsettling. Right now, I feel like I would never do such a thing. I believe that I'm strong enough to overcome everything, no matter what comes my way, but it looks like that's not the reality. I'm not made of stone, and I can collapse over time, just like anyone else."

Smiling sadly, Masha stretched a hand, gently stroking her little brother's cheek. Like he did with Gabriel, Misha didn't go into detail, only vaguely talking about her suicide and their father's abuse. Still, it was enough to portray just how hellish the first timeline had been. Knowing what her brother went through made her heart swell with pain, but Masha knew he wouldn't want her pity. It would only hurt him and make things awkward. So instead, she bent over and lightly kissed his forehead.

"Thank you for coming back for mom and me. I swear I won't leave you alone this time."

Taken aback, Misha stared at his sister for a second before smirking. He let out a giggle, then said in a fake threatening tone, "You better keep your word, or I'll tweak time again and make sure you follow through with it! You know how stubborn I can be, right?"

"Yeah, I know. It runs in the family." Masha stuck out her tongue. "By the way...."

Feeling a shiver run down his spine, Misha suspiciously sized up his sister and instinctively leaned back to put some distance between them. Whenever Masha made that face and used that tone, it never boded well for him. And just as he had expected, that little witch teasingly said: "So, you're in love with Ga—"

"No, shut up, I'm not!" Misha cried out, covering her mouth with his hands. "That's just my other self being stupid! It has nothing to do with me!"

Following his cry of protest, the heavy atmosphere suddenly broke. The two siblings started to bicker, just like little kids. Masha was adamant about teasing her brother, and Misha vehemently refuted her words, his face gradually turning red, but whether it was due to anger or embarrassment, no one knew. Soon enough, Misha lost patience and pounced on his sister, trying to take revenge by tickling her to death. However, Masha didn't go down without a fight and returned the favor, attacking her brother's ribs. Both were determined to fight until one of them begged for mercy, rolling left and right on the bed while laughing their lungs out.

Leaning against the wall, Gabriel silently watched over their antics, a small smile haunting his lips. It was good to see them so lively.

Masha took the news better than he thought she would, though he knew she was probably putting on a brave front, not wanting to worry her brother. With this in mind, he had a hunch she would wait until nightfall before bawling her eyes out, screaming in her pillows—Gabriel wouldn't be surprised if a few fist-shaped holes also littered her bedroom walls tomorrow morning.

Although Gabriel had long known Camille's rotten personality, to Masha, it was something new. She had just found out that the woman she loved with all her heart would toss her aside like an old rag sooner or later. Of course she was hurt; of course she wanted to cry! She was only human, not some unfeeling robot. Still, she didn't want to wail before her little brother, who had gone through so much for her. Instead, she pretended that everything was fine, annoying Misha like a pest and loudly laughing as they tickled each other.