Chapter 41: Time for a new plot

6 years later

"Wake up Lady Maria, you can't afford to be late  going to school!" Nanny Mary said as she threw the cover off me.

I got up with a long sigh. "Today's the day, isn't it?"

"It is Maria, so we must get you ready quickly." Linda said.

I nodded. I didn't say anything as the servants packed clothes and brushed my hair. It has grown past my waist, and I had recently started adding curls to the bottom of it. It helped me look a little more different than my mother.

"I'll get dressed by myself,  just make sure everything is in the carriage for when we leave."

"Yes Maria." Linda walked out of the room, but turned around. 

"Is something wrong? I'd thought that you'd like to see your old friends again."

Oh right. The boys have been gone from my life for quit some time now. A part of me missed them, but the other part remembered the danger they were to me.

That part of me was aware that the Magical Academy was the place the plot of the game took place, and the place where I was most likely going to die again.

"It'll be nice to see them, yes, but I just don't want to leave home." I answered.

Linda nodded. "Home will always be here for you to come back to. Plus I'll be coming with you!' She shot me a smile before leaving me alone.

She was right. Over the last few years she's become one of my closes friends, not that there was much competition. My only real friend I've ever a had has been . . . unavailable for while.

That was the real reason I didn't want to leave. Even and if me and Theodore didn't speak to each other anymore, I still wanted to be near him. Or as near as I could be, with the secret passage way blocked.

I straighten my back. This was not the time to dwell on the pass. I am Maria Bonaparte, and I will survive this game.