Chapter 56: End of day

Scarlet lead us down the busy street. I could already smell the restaurant  she was talking about, and it smelled good.

"It even has a bakery! Can we some dessert afterwards?" she asked me.

"Of course, who wouldn't want some warm muffins after a meal!"

"Hmm, I'm more of a pie person, but that sounds fun too!"

We finally made it to the restaurant. Despite the wonderful smell,  there was no line. We were quickly escorted to a table and asked for drinks.

Dinner passed by in a blur, and soon we where all munching on some sweet dessert as we walked down the sidewalk.

"This was so fun! Can we do this again Maria?"  Scarlet asked.

"Sure, we could do it before the big ball later in the year,"

"There's a ball?" 

"Yeah, it's at the end of fall. It's a pretty big deal, so we'll have to pick some really fancy dresses,"

"That sounds so fun!" Scarlet said.

I nodded, thinking back to the game. Did Maria ever die there? No, it was too early, so I guess I could without worrying about dying every minute.

"It's getting pretty late, shouldn't we head back now?' Linda spoke up.

"Sure, I think I have enough energy," We all linked up again, and we teleported back to the school.

"Are you alright?" Theodore asked me as I wobbled a bit.

"I'm fine, but I think I'll go to bed early,"

He still walked be to my room, and we all said goodbye. I got ready for bed and slipped into my pajamas.

I went under the covers, and just as I closed my eyes, I heard footsteps. 

Before I could react, a knife plunged into neck. I reached up to heal but my hand was cut too, and I was already loosing to much blood. Soon the world went black.