Chapter 46: Meet again

"How did you know?" Scarlet asked.

"Oh, uh, you told me earlier," I lied. 

Was this really happening? Theodore was never even mention in the game, how did he get into the school? He's not even supposed to have magic, but somehow he's got healing magic now? The only changes from the games were made by people from Earth. I don't think Ms. Silvia or Frederich had met him, so did I do something?

"Maria? You're spacing out a bit," Scarlet said.

"Sorry, I'm just a bit flustered meeting your cousin." That wasn't a full lie.

Scarlet laughed. "That's surprising. The outfit he's wearing isn't very flattering,"

"This was the best out of my options," Theodore said. He wasn't looking at me, but my eyes were still glued on him.

His outfit was pretty horrendous. A decade out of style with big puffy pants and sleeves, and in a similar shade of yellow to the dress Scarlet changed out of.

But if you looked pasted the outfit, he was quite charming. He still had messy dirty blond hair and warm brown eyes. He still had a few freckles on his face, but most faded away. He's gotten a lot taller too. I wonder if he's gotten any fitter, the puffy sleeves got in the way.

"I could help with your outfit," I said without thinking. Well, I was thinking, but of things that were too inappropriate for the situation.

"That would be so sweet Maria!" Scarlet said. "But wait, how would you help with Theodore's outfit?"

"I can sew. I won't be able to completely fix his outfit, but I should at least be able to help out with his shirt,"

"I don't think we have the time for that, we're already so late,"

"Well, you can go up ahead Scarlet, and we'll just meet up with you later," I offered.

"But don't you want to see the prince again?" Scarlet asked.

"I'll see him another time." I nudged her away to the front entrance. "Now go on and have fun!"

She smiled at me before looking over at her cousin. He gave her a small smile, then she walked away.

I waited until the sound of her heels clacking disappeared before looking over at Theodore. It's been two years since I've seen him, and the last time I did at was hurtful. Why did I lie just to hear him say terrible things to me again?

He started moving towards my door. "Where are you going?" I asked.

"You offered to fix my shirt, I figured we would do it in your room," he said.

"Though that's probably inappropriate for us, isn't it?"

I shock my head no. "I never cared about that stuff, remember?"

Theodore sighed. "I remember." 

He held the door opened for me. "Let's hurry up, I don't want to keep Scarlet waiting,"