Chapter 22: The King

I hurried through the halls to Mrs. Silvia's room. I was so excited to talk to another person from my world! Plus he was the king, so with him by my side, I would get so many perks!

When I got to the door, I took a deep breath. This wasn't the first time I'm meeting the king, but I was still nervous. It was the king! And my future father in-law.

I opened the door to see the Mrs. Silvia calmly listening to the king 's erratic story. He had his crown off, and was talking with his hands. The king was always called a bit childish, but I didn't expect this.

"Hello dearie, I'm glad you were able to join us." Mrs. Silvia said with a smile.

"Sorry for being late, the boys weren't happy to see me leave so soon." I explained as I sat down at the table.

"I'm sorry if my son was keeping you busy, he does it often." The king said, turning to me.

"Oh no, it's not a problem your highness." I said.

"Call me by my real name, Frederich. No need for formalities here." The king-I mean Frederich said.

"Ok sir. My real name is Lily." I said.

"What a pretty name, I was told you were from the U.S."

"That's right. Where were you from?" I asked.

"I was from South Africa, I lived there until I died at the age of 8." Frederich answered.

"That's so young. Does everyone who gets reborn have to die at such a young age?"

"It's the only common factor between us, as far as we could tell." Mrs. Silvia said.

"Oh. I was hoping you two would know a bit more about this reincarnated thing." I said.

"We wish that was the case, but we both only saw the old world's god when we died, and I've only seen this ones once." Frederich said.

"You saw them? How? What did they look like? Did they say anything about how to get back?" I eagerly asked.

"My wife's tribe performed a ritual that allowed me to talk to this world's god, though I could only catch a glimpse before I was sent back down to earth. He only said not yet." Frederich said.

"I see." I answered grimly.

"We sat in silence for a moment, before I asked "You're wife's tribe?"

"Oh yes, my wife was the daughter of the chief of an important tribe from across the savanna. To be able to marry her, I had to go through the ritual. It was painful, but worth it in the end. My Lerato is nearly perfect, don't you think?" Frederich asked me.

I nodded, though I never put in much thought about the queen, in fact this was the first time I heard her name. Which was odd since she was the queen.

"How have you been adjusting to this life?" Frederich asked me.

"I've been doing good. My parents ignore me, but other than that, it's been fine. I've made a lot of friends." I said.

"Wonderful! And my son is one of those, right?" Frederich asked.

"Um, yes he is. Though that's what I would like it to stay as." I answered honestly.

"Well that's fine, though Jack would be a little disappointed." Frederich said.

"A little disappointed?" I asked.

"You haven't noticed? My son has a crush on you. Ever since your debut he's been begging me to see you again."

"I . . . what? That's not how it's supposed to go. The prince isn't suppose to like me! Somethings wrong!" I yelled.

"How would you know how it's supposed to go?" Mrs. Silvia asked.

"Because that's how the game went! The prince hates Maria, and he can even kill her! He's  supposed to fall for the MC, not me!" I screamed.

Mrs. Silvia and the King looked at me for a long time, not saying a word. I was already freaking out, but they certainly weren't helping.

"Game? What game?" Mrs. Silvia asked.