Chapter 37: The faces of evil

This was the first time I ever met the Millers, the ones who did so much horror. They weren't what I was expecting.

Mr. Miller had bright red hair like Arthur, and the pale skin too. His eyes were a dark green, as he turned to look at me, I saw a flash of hatred in them.

Mrs. Miller was smaller than her husband, and even her son. Her hair was a dark brown, her eyes a lighter brown. She gave me a smile, but it was tinted with malicious.  

They both exaggerate white clothes, covered in jewels. It honestly hurt to look at them because of all the glare.

"Ah you are the girl with three magics. It's so wonderful to finally meet you." Mrs. Miller said, putting down her tea cup.

"Ma'am, you don't need to pretend to be nice. I know who you really are."

"What do you mean? My wife is the nicest person in the whole world!" 

I turned to look at him. "You should stop lying. I know what you've done to children, to your own son."

They exchanged looks to each other, then turned back to me.

"Oh, will my son is often  . . . imaginative. It was probably just a nightmare."

"Just a nightmare? You were the ones to put me through that nightmare!" Arthur screamed.  He rushed at them, but was held back by Jack.

"Really, you're still denying it all? I'm surprised that you're still denying it. I mean, you have two key witnesses." Mason said.

"You-what, what could you possibly mean?" Mrs. Miller asked

"Well, you did hire me to kill Lady Maria. You also sent your own son once I refused." Mason said with his signature smirk.

They both went silent. Maybe they finally got they couldn't walk out of this.

"It would be in the best interest for everyone if you simply imitated your crimes. We know what you have done, so just give up." I told them.

Mrs. Miller let out a long sigh and nodded. "You're right, I suppose it's for the best to confess."

I let out a small smile. Glad that this was finally over. Glad I could stop them.

But then Mrs. Miller moved towards me. I felt a surge of pain in my stomach and I looked down; I was just stabbed with a knife.

"Huh." I said "I figured if you had to kill me yourself it would've been more interesting." despite what I just said, it hurt a lot. It kept getting worst as I started bleeding out.

"Wha-" Mrs. Miller said before a flash of movement. My eyes were dropping and my conscious was fading. I could hear a chorus of people shouting my name as I fell down.

"I hope I don't die. I don't want to repeat this day again."