Chapter 39: Just a dream

I was walking down a long dark corridor. The only light was the candle in my hand.

No one else was with me, but I heard the voices. Blake, Mason, Arthur, and even Jack whispered into my ears with each step I took.

It was hard to make out what they were saying, but from what I could hear it made my stomach churn.

But I kept walking. To where I don't know, but hopefully to somewhere better. The hallway started to shrink around me, and finally the voices stopped.

Because they were drowned out by the sound of rushing water. I started running, but the walls were closing in too fast. I was wedged between them as the water took over everything.

I woke up gasping for air. "It was just a dream.", I whispered. "Just a dream."

The guest room I was staying was dark, the windows barred. They were covered after yesterday's attack. Or was it really yesterday? I've given up after the past (two?) week.

I would wake up, get killed in some horrific fashion, reset the day, figure out how to not die, then sleep and repeat. Though in my dreams I still had to die, because why not.

I shuttered. I wanted to go next door to Jack, but who knew what was waiting outside to kill me. So I just snuggled into bed, and hoped that I could get at least one day without death.