Chapter 20: Unexpected plans

It all started out as a normal day when I woke up for breakfast. It's been a week since the day stopped repeating, and I've been doing much better.

At breakfast, I was eating my food when Blake said, "Maria, I forgot to tell you, but my friends are coming to visit today."

I paused, my fork right in front of my open mouth. If his friends were the ones I was thinking of, I needed to stop this.

"Your friends?" I ask, putting my fork down. "The ones from my debut?"

"Of course. We used to hang out all the time, but since I came here, I wasn't allowed too. But now they're finally coming!" Blake said with a smile. I never heard him sound so happy before.

"How did you get our parents to let them come? They never allowed it before." I asked.

"Jack's father is coming too, and they can't ignore the king's request." Blake said.

The king! The KING! The one from the another world! I need to talk with him. Maybe this won't turn out so bad after all.

We finished eating breakfast, but as we left the dining room, Mason was standing before us.

He hasn't tried to hurt me since I've attacked him, but I still clinged on to Blake, who became redder in the face.

It must of been from anger, because he spoke to Mason in venomous tone.

"What do you want? Maria and I are going to hang with our friends, so we won't be in your lesson today."

"I know, your parents informed me. They also told me to keep an eye on you, so you don't expose anything you might know about them, so I'll be joining you." Mason said.

Blake and I were silent for a moment. I didn't want another capture target following me around, but since I plan to sneak off to talk to the king, it won't be too much of a problem. And it's a good idea to make Mason happy.

"That sounds fun! I'm sure you all will get along. Hurry, let's go meet them at the front gate." I said in my fake happy voice. I grabbed their hands and walked with them to the front to meet my two potential murders and the one of the few people from my world.