Chapter 48: Staying

I let go of Theodore and walked over to open the door.

"Scarlet, what happened to you?' I asked. She was standing in my door,  and was covered in mud, face red from crying.

"I was walking to the dinner," she started, walking past me into my room. "When some noble girls came up to me and told I didn't belong."

"Did they do this to you?' Theodore asked.

She nodded. "They said that I didn't deserve a dress this nice, so they pushed me into a puddle."

She started crying again, and I took her hand and lead to my bathroom.

"You can you use my bath to clean,"

"Thank you Maria, and I'm sorry about your dress."

I shook my head. "Don't feel sorry, it's not your fault. Besides, it was an old dress,"

I turned back to look at Theodore. "I'm going to get you guys some new clothes. Something a bit more modern,"

"You don't have to do that," they both said.

"I don't have to, but I will," I answered. "You guys need new clothes, and plus it will be fun!"

"Oh, thank you Maria!" Scarlet said before closing the door.

I let out a sigh as Theodore walked over.

"Thank you for helping Scarlet," 

"It's the least I can do," I said with a shrug. "Us healing magic students should help each other out,"

He smiled. "We should," he walked back over and picked up his shirt. "Is this good for me to wear?"

"It's not finished," I answered.

"I don't mind it, I'm not going to the dinner,"

"Oh, will then it should be alright. I don't think I'm going to the dinner either, I'll just ask for some food from a servant,"

"You should stay too, I don't want you get to go hungry,"  I added.

"That would be nice,"