Chapter 49: First morning at school

Our informal dinner was last night was nice. Scarlet was very apologetic about the dress, no matter how many times I told her it wasn't her fault. She was excited for our shopping trip at least. 

I sighed as I brushed my hair. Today is the first day of classes. I used to be a child prodigy, but over the years my memories of Earth have faded. I was now just a normal 16 year old;  at least in intelligence. 

I was already dressed in a simple purple dress, so I made my way to the dining room. This would be my first time seeing it.

"Maria! Good morning!" Scarlet shouted as she catched up to me. She was wearing one of my older dresses; a nice red to go with her hair.

"Good morning"

"Are you excited for class to start? I can't wait for our English class,"

"I prefer chemistry," 

"Really? Is it because it's close to poison magic?"

"I just think it's fun. When do we have our healing class?"

"Hmm," Scarlet brought her hand to her chin. "I think it's . . . our 7th class,"

I nodded, and we walked the rest of the way in silence. We made our way through the halls of the main building. I ignored the stares, but  Scarlet looked nervous.

"Wow, this is so beautiful," she gasped as we entered the dinning room. It was grand and elaborate, and students were milling around the tables.

"Where should we sit? she asked.

"I don't think it will really mat-"

"MARIA!"

I was pulled into a hug by someone before I had time to register what happened.

"It's been so long. I'm so glad to see you again!" The person let go of me and looked me in my eyes.

I recognized them instantly, only one person had cream eyes.

"Arthur?"