22. Guests at home

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. I learned some stuff."

"Like you did in school?" I arched an eyebrow.

"No. Real stuff." He made a face.

Stefan didn't exactly like high school. And while I might have been a major reason after his stupid love stunt, even before that he wasn't exactly a fan of it either. It was plainly because he hated studying. He would love those days when we would go on trips and see and do the real stuff, other days, he was just going through it all because of his parents.

He did go to film school though.

What can I say, strange guy?

"Okay. I believe you." I laughed.

"Give me your phone." He put his hand out for it.

"Why?" I knitted my eyes brows and shot him a sceptical look.

"I gotta put in my new number." He urged and leaned in for the phone.

I stared at him for a moment but then took out my phone and unlocked it and gave it to him. I watched him from across the counter and realised how much things had changed. It seemed as if it was just yesterday when he had saved all his money from his multiple jobs and bought his first camera. And here he was. All set. Living his dream. I knew this was his dream 'cause he wouldn't shut up about it. He started a photography club in school just so he could practice his skills. This idiot had grown up to be a man.

And here I was, quitting my dream job. Being a confused little shit.

I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to let go of that thought when Stephan put the phone on the table and decided to speak again.

"Alright so tell me about him...or her?" Stephan asked with a hint of smile barely visible on his face.

"There is no him, or her, and I got stuff to do, so get out." I pursed my lips. Somewhat I felt guilty for thinking of a certain someone upon his question, but since he was the only 'him' in my life currently aside from him it wasn't exactly my fault.

And it also made me realise I lied to him.

Because technically there might be a him.

I sighed.

"As polite as always." Stefan put on his casual smile that highlighted his dimples which made me smile.

"Get out." I smiled.

He shook his head.

"On one condition." He put his finger up and raised a brow.

"We'll catch up later." I looked at him knowingly.

"Okay then." Stefan beamed.

"Okay then." I nodded. And he pushed himself up from his seat and surprised me when he moved in for a hug. I had forgotten that he was a hugger.

"I am glad you decided to give me a chance." He looked at me guiltily and I just folded my arms and narrowed my eyes at him.

"I didn't decide anything." I clicked my tongue.

Stephan shook his head and finally showed himself out the door.

I stared at the door thoughtfully. Was I giving Stephan a chance? I didn't know. All I knew was that he made a decision to weave things back again between us and I appreciated that. And I knew that wasn't common. Not everyone had the guts to mend up past relationships. They just let past be in the past. But he decided to face it. And I respected him for that.