Chapter 2

CHAPTER TWO:
"Don't Be Afraid"

Jack arrived at Arendelle. He's in the sky, looking at the gloomy kingdom. The aura of its gloomy space gave him heartbreak. 'It looks...so empty', Jack said in his mind. He flew down the balcony as he walks past its doors. He looks around, he has visited many kingdoms before. Jack once came with North to deliver gifts for children.

His barefoot touch the rough dusty carpet. It's ten in the evening. The castle looks sad, dark, and lonely. The staffs are limited. The King and Queen sent back some of their servants in their designated homelands, giving them huge money just to keep the secret roaming around the palace.

"This kingdom surely is despondent" he commented. Candles are shut off, only the moon sheds light inside of every room and corner in the palace. " I wonder why there were no guards are roaming the hall for patrol just like in Rapunzel's kingdom?"

Jack put his staff on his shoulders, walking the big corridor. His cyan eyes looking at the big portraits hanging on the wall. Jack passed through a mirror where he doesn't see himself because he is a guardian. Loud sobs from the corner caught his attention, a door left ajar. He saw a little kid on the floor, hugging her stuffed toys. Her strawberry blonde hair was tied in two braided tails, lying on her back. Jack can see her white strand of hair.

Even if Jack wants to go and comfort Princess Anna, he can't because his only mission in this place is Princess Elsa. Guardians are forbidden to enter someone's room without their permission. As a guardian, they highly respect their children's privacy. But in Elsa's case, he has to go inside and try to talk to her.

"I thought we are best buddies...", five-year-old Anna sniffed as she holds the blonde stuffed toy. Jack sadly looks away, flying towards the white door with the snowflake patterns. He closed his eyes, sensing what was inside. Jack's afraid he might come to the wrong room.

Fortunately, he didn't. As soon as his body absorbed the cold from the inside, Jack didn't hesitate to get inside. He saw a little girl with platinum-blonde hair sitting at the bumped-out when he opened his eyes. She's facing a big triangle window covered with frost. He was welcomed by tiny sobs, fear of being alone, an ice-cold room, and a voice blaming herself for what happened.

Eight-year-old Elsa, leaning her forehead against the triangular window. Tears gushing down her soft cheeks, she's biting her lips as she cries to control the noise from escaping her lips. There is no night that she doesn't cry for her sister.

The King and Queen isolated her from Anna to avoid further accidents and to keep her powers hidden from anyone.

Mercy was visible in Jack Frost's eyes, he has never seen any child this lonely and depressed. The children that he handled are very bubbly, cheerful, full of hope and dreams. But Elsa? She's the opposite of them all. As Jack gets closer, he can hear more of her soft voice begging for God to remove the powers she has. " Please, I beg you. I want to be normal", Elsa cried more looking at the moon.

And as she cried more, the cold temperature in her room increased. It made the ice go thicker. Jack quickly spins his staff in the air, lowering the temperature so it won't spread through the entire kingdom. He let out a small grunt. Jack didn't know why he felt very heavy decreasing the ice in her room. "She surely is different", Jack said as he continues to spin his staff in the air. He's controlling the humidity inside the place. " Argh..", He said as he holds back the strong cold temperature.

Elsa heard him, she quickly looked behind her. Her hands are covered in gloves, holds on to the frame window. A gasp escaped her lips as she moved back. Jack heard her, he quickly put the staff down. "W-who are you?", Elsa asked him.