Chapter 46

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX:
"Jack & Misto"

The Kingdom of Grandsaire invited a rumored prince who live near the costal area. His name was Jackson Frost, a guardian dressed in a fine man's suit and was known to be a good doctor. He's in an undercover mission, to protect Queen Fran. She unknowingly protected Misto from the bandits during her patrol, in return Misto blessed her unborn in the future. He said that the guardians will protect her unborn baby and even grant powers that he might use to protect their kingdom.

Jack Frost tucked his suit, looking himself at the mirror with a playful smirk. Every young maiden in Grandsaire admired the doctor. His abilities were excellent. It's way back in 1800s where Princess Fran was just a candidate for the Queen selection. "North is truly confusing, why would she want me to protect Fran?", He tilted his lips to the side.

His eyebrows furrowed as he thinks. "Ah, Misto, Misto, Misto...you bastard. Not bad, your blessing made my mission smooth in guarding Princess Fran", Jack laughed. He tucked his white suit properly, he looked like the prince of winter.

The doors of his mansion opened. It's bizarre that Jack never uses a carriage in getting inside the kingdom. He doesn't worry about sweating since he's already dead. His staff disguised as a beautiful staff, designed with blue gems and white covering. No one suspected a thing about him carrying it around.

His mission was to protect Princess Fran because Pitch planned to steal her blessing from Misto. If he failed, not only the guardian's thoughts were in danger but also the children. Jack quietly walked in the sidewalk. He whistled, danced and sang.

A violet with dark green carriage not so far away from where he was standing wiggled, the horse was panicking. Jack Frost noticed it quickly. Inside was a young Iduna, she visited Grandsaire to motivate her best friend Fran. "Hang on!", Jack said. He flew fast towards the direction where the horse makes ruckus. Jack caught young Iduna in his arms and carefully put her down under the tree.

Luckily no one saw him except for young Iduna. "A flying man..?", She asked. Her cheeks tinted in bright pink. The coachmen fell on the river, Jack casted a spell on the horse and it quickly calmed down. He removed his white coat and threw it aside.

And to that, he submerged with the water to rescue the coachmen. He swooped them in his arms, flying off the water. Jack carefully put down the coachmen in the brick path walk. His cyan blue eyes glanced to Iduna. She was dazed.

Once he revived the young coachmen, he whistled. Misto received the signal, he has the ability to make someone forget by his mist and protect humans as well. Two men named Robert and Elys coughed and spitted the water out.

Misto laughs as he landed on the path walk. Young Iduna ran towards them, she recognized Jack Frost's eyes. He was the one wearing a cloak, asking for Katherine's book back. "Excuse me Sir but you look familiar", Iduna's said in soft voice. She put a hand on Jack Frost's shoulder and immediately felt connection.

"Familiar you say?", Misto smirked. He blew the mist on Robert and Elys's eyes, making them passed out. Jack looked at young Iduna, he recognized him. She's the one who read Katherine's book.

"Yes, I've seen him before..if I'm not mistaken...I saw you in the Enchanted Forest before", Iduna said.

Misto glanced at Jack Frost, worried that he's not cautious. "Jackson!", He shouted.

Jack stood up. His suit froze but it didn't bother him. "Nice to meet you, Queen Iduna", he bowed. Misto's eyes widen. "We meet again", he took the young girl's gloved hand and lightly put a kiss in it as a sign of respect.