Chapter 42

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO:
"The Banquet"

A castle that stood at the east and west of Grandsaire, a castle where a great monarch started. Filled with efforts, sacrifices and tears. It was named as Grandsaire Kingdom, a kingdom where Queen Fran reigned. She was destined to be a queen, engaged to the crowned prince of Grandsaire named King Luther who ruled Transylvania, Romania. Their relationship did not ended well due to many complications but even though it happened, Queen Fran and King Luther remained friends, later having a son named Prince Jackson Trevort of Grandsaire and Romania.

Prince Jackson stared at the beautiful woman he has ever seen in his entire life. He adored how firm and gentle Queen Elsa eats, pure of poise and royalty. The sound of the dinner fork and dinner knife clinked against the plate as they eat quietly, Queen Elsa focused on her food as she thought about how bizarre the happenings were earlier. She felt someone in the secret room but she cannot distinguish who.

His brown eyes secretly gazed at the Queen as he eats, the prince was scheduled to stay in the palace for a couple of days until the celebration of Arendelle is over. Everyone found out about the great thaw, the story of their kingdom attracted many of those who have a good intention towards the kingdom and those who are greedy for wealth. Duchess Rarni smiled when she saw how Prince Jackson gaze at her majesty. "I'm guessing the prince secretly likes Queen Elsa", she leaned over a little towards her husband as she whisper.

"I agree my darling, I see how he looks at her", Duke Leon chuckled. "That's how you gaze at me at the ball of King Joseph (their king at the western kingdom)". Duchess Rarni blushed when her husband said that, she lightly giggled before continuing to eat.

The banquet was too quiet, Prince Jackson decided to open a conversation. "Queen Elsa, about the current state affairs, I admire how you manage to get things in line and friendship with our fellows", he smiled. Princess Anna smiled, her smile was full of tease. Queen Elsa noticed how her sister teased her when Prince Jackson spoke.

"I agree, I have never seen such a talent over the decades. I believe you must be married soon", Duke Clarkson from Frandean Kingdom said. He smiled, his green eyes sincerely looked at Queen Elsa.

The Queen's cheeks flushed, Duke Clarkson was right...she must marry soon to make the borders stronger. Somehow, a little sadness flashed the corner of her heart...it made her eyebrows scrunch. "Thank you Prince Jackson, I'm thankful of what you have said. And so as Duke Clarkson, I believe I might sooner", Queen Elsa replied with a soft smile. Prince Jackson noticed how Queen Elsa's eyes trembled, it's just her smiles that are covering the trouble in her eyes. Even Princess Anna noticed it.

"It will make the borders of Arendelle stronger, even more stronger and I believe it's pleasing to see the magical Queen get married", Princess Tiana said with a giggle.

"I can't wait to see my sister get married", Princess Anna said softly with a genuine smile. She held Lord Kristoff's hand, rubbing the top of it as she notice that he's feeling out of place as the royals and noble discusses about the country's affairs.

Everyone smiled when Princess Tiana said her words, there was a feeling burning inside Prince Jackson's heart. He wanted to get married to the Queen of Arendelle. Not because of how wealthy her kingdom is but because he started to have feelings for her. He appreciates how calm Queen Elsa is whenever they talk. "The borders are currently fine for now, it might take a while for me to marry someone from the other kingdom to make the borders strong but I'm afraid that my heart is not open yet, it's closed until someone returns"

Everyone gasped when Queen Elsa said it. Prince Jackson stopped drinking his water, he slowly put the glass down the table. "Who is the lucky man?", Duke Leon smiled as they all look at the Queen. Duchess Rarni have a very kind smile curving her soft pink lips, her brown eyes enthusiastically look at Queen Elsa. To them, she was a heroine and a role model because of how strong her authority is in Arendelle. Queen Elsa looks down, an honest smile lined her lips, full of feelings and sincerity.