Chapter 36

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX:
"Forbidden Love"

Every guardian stood in circle, waiting for Jack Frost. North keep pacing back and forth, Katherine's eyes follow North's movement. "I've escorted the princess safely mate", Bunnymund said as he hopped out off the rabbit hole. His smile disappeared when he saw everyone's mood. "What's wrong ya mate?", He asked his fellow guardians. Sandy look at Bunnymund sadly before flying towards North. The guardian of hope's eyebrows furrowed, following Sandy.

Sandy flew over to North, making symbols above his head. 'What's taking him so long?', Sandman asked. Katherine and Toothiana looked at each other, sighing.

"Hey ho!-..oh...why do everyone look like they lose someone?", Jack asked with a smile on his lips. He lean the staff against his shoulder. The fun guardian landed swiftly on the cold floor with symbols of wonder. North look at the fun guardian, scared that he's smiling a lot just like what happened when he's struck by his special abilities carried by the staff.

"We have to talk to you", Katherine said. Her gray eyes look into Jack's cyan blue. She grasps tight in the strap of her satchel. Jack noticed everybody's mood. His eyebrows scrunched.

"About what?", Jack's smile dropped within a second. He can't figure out what's wrong, why is everybody acting this way.

"Bunny, let's give them privacy", Toothiana put a hand on Bunny's shoulder. Bunnymund nod, he came with Sandy and Tooth to give them privacy.

Katherine walk towards Jack, two of her books are still missing. She's afraid that Pitch has them. When Pitch burnt Queen Iduna and King Agnar's life book, she felt a sharp pain. The pain that pierced her chest. And to that, she knows that one of her books has been terminated. The only book left is Elsa and Jack's book.

"Kath...what's wrong?", Jack asked. His eyes are now worried.

"Jack, I hope you don't mind us talking about this matter", North said.

"How will I mind if you don't tell me straight to the point?", Jack start to feel irritated. It's this unexplainable pain piercing through his chest, a pain that tells his instinct something serious.

Katherine look at Jack before shifting her eyes to North. "It's better if we talk this out inside of North's office. It's safe there, we don't know if the boogeyman is listening to us", she said.

North nodded.

Jack sighed. "Fine", he ran his fingers through his hair as they enter North's office. The door lock itself, securing the area. "So what's the deal? Why the sudden call when I'm doing my mission?", Jack said waving his staff from left to right. Twiner glows, sensing the same feeling as its master's. His cyan blue eyes are on the ground, not paying attention to his fellow guardians. A strong feeling is making him weak in the moment, Jack Frost feel hefty. His power sense high intensity of winter somewhere in Europe. Somehow, he couldn't get there since Elsa's power of fear is blinding his senses.

"Jack, this is something about the Queen", Jack look up at North.

"What about Queen Elsa?", He asked. Jack step forward. Katherine look at North, she clutch tighter in her satchel. "What is this about?", Jack asked again. He glanced at Katherine.

"J-jack we tracked who withhold the story of Elsa's life with you", Katherine gulped. Her lips tremble. She's worried for her friend as well as Queen Elsa.

"W-what..", Jack asked.

"Remember when you went to sleep for eight years? You forgot about Katherine's book of literature and life. Two books were stolen from her. King Agnar and Queen Iduna's book. We are worried for you, Pitch has your book with Queen Elsa. When he touch or do something about the book, Toothiana's tapes will be in grave danger. Your tape and Elsa's tape. We must get the book and do safety steps", North said in his thick russian accent.