PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

CHAPTER ONE:
"The Mission"

Elsa slept soundly in her bed. Anna pretended to be asleep after their mother sang a song about the special river called Atohallan, the river that holds the answer about the past and what every people are a part of. A lullaby that always put them to sleep.

Princess Elsa was eight and Anna was five, they were together in one room. Elsa's bed is placed at the left and Anna on the right, across from each other. Anna's chubby hands reached for the sheets of the bed to support her weight in climbing Elsa's king-size bed. Once she got herself atop the bed, she crept on top of Elsa. Unfortunately, Elsa's in dreamland, dreaming about a random dream.

Anna clutched her sister's hem sleeve, pulling it up and down. "Elsa! Elsa! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!", Anna said excitedly. A happy grin appeared on her lips, wider than a bobcat. Elsa felt Anna telling her to wake up, she pursed her lips slightly and groaned softly. "Ummm...Anna ...Go back to sleep", Elsa's low tone voice was very sweet to sound like she's scolding her bubbly sister. The one and only Princess Anna.

"I can't! Look the skies awake! Are you seeing those beautiful night light colors?! We have to play!", Anna gave up in shaking Elsa's shoulder. She flopped down against Elsa's little and fragile back and dramatically place her wrist atop her forehead. Tilting her face side to side, as if she's playing a character in a theater. Her weight made Elsa open her big blue turquoise eyes slightly. 'Ugh' escaped her lips when Anna's weight exerted her back. Elsa closed her eyes again, hoping Anna would leave her alone if she pretend she is sleeping.

"Go play by yourself ", Elsa giggled. Shoving her baby sister off the bed, Elsa's acting did not work on Anna. Anna fell flat with her butt on the wooden carpeted floor, she pouted. Annoyed. Her eyebrows knit, Anna gasped when she came up with such a brilliant plan that will surely wake Elsa up and play with her at the ballroom. Again, Anna climbed up Elsa's bed. Anna softly lifts Elsa's eyelid, a playful smirk curved pink pouty lips.

"Do you wanna build a snowman?", Anna excitedly said.

Elsa smirked back, opening both of her eyes. Princess Elsa got off the bed with her sister, opening the big door designed with different colors of crocus flowers that represent their floral symbol. The two snuck out of their room and ran the hallway until they arrived at the ballroom. Once they got there, Anna and Elsa start to play snowball fights, skate, and build a snowman whom they named Olaf. Ancestor's descendant in Norwegian. And be happy, as in 'Oh Laugh!'. A happy snowman that loves warm hugs.

Both Princesses were happy, they played all night until Elsa slipped in the frozen ground shooting Anna in the head accidentally. The poor little girl's limp, unconscious body, flew up in the air before dropping and rolling on the ground. Elsa froze in her place, she could not move. A very heavy nightmare. The night everything changed. She's afraid Anna will die or even get a serious injury because she hit her head on the ground because of falling or much more worst, a curse because of her magical ice powers.

Fear invaded Princess Elsa's system. Her big blue turquoise eyes that used to be so happy widen, frightened.

From afar, a tall man in the shadows that own fiery eyes smile grimly. His name is Pitch Black, the boogeyman, king of the nightmare. He's around when fear is strongly present. It lured him to the Royal chamber. There Pitch was, standing evily with his hands behind his back, leaning against the pole near holding Arendelle's flag. Watching Elsa hold Anna in her arms, screaming for help. A thick layer of ice proliferates the ballroom, coating the floor up to the roof. Crawling and invading the vicinity of the ballroom, making the room colder and scarier.