Indigenous Social Science

As a Filipino what do you think is the importance of having our own so called indigenous social science ideas?

I think that having are own indigenous social science ideas is a great opportunity to growth, reach and to have impact in our culture and history as a nation. Having our own Indigenous social science ideas will help us to elaborate more the knowledge which rooted in our own traditions and culture and to be able to develop theories and methods as well as identify concepts that are borne from the cultural experiences of the members of their respective cultures. Here in our country there are some ideas that initiated the steps for indigenization of our social science like the Sikolohiyang Pilipino and Pantayong Pananaw that show theyre efforts to indigenize the science of psychology in our context, to have identification of indigenous concepts and the formulation of psychological theories and development of indigenous methods.

In connection with the above question, how can you contribute in making sp and pp more widely known in the country?

The only thing I can do now to contribute in making the sp (Sikolohiyang Pilipino) and pp (Pantayong Pananaw) more widely known in our country is by showing appreciation on its aim and goals and by sharing the benifits and the informative informations to my co-filipinos who are not aware of what are PP and SP stands for, what it means to support this kind of ideas and how these would affect our perspective as a nation. I believe that the Silkolohiyang Pilipino and Pantayong Pananaw would give us our own identity as a nation not just an extention of the western culture (because of the invasion). We all know that even before our country is rich in its own culture and history from our indigenous ancestors. Maybe this is the right time for us to appreciate our own history, ideas and own context as a FIlipino to emphasis the Filipino Orientation, thought, core values and experiences on past to enrich our present status a one nation, our language, culture and social involvement.