Selfies

does popularity of selfies increased self confidence or self centeredness?

Now a days social media is really important and most of us used different platform to socialize and interact with other people like instagram, facebook etc. Over the past couple of years, clicking in social media platforms and posting selfies has become a popular trend. Many people said that posting photos of themselves (known as selfies) show how confident they are and it become a symbol of self-expression for many especially for those who are shy person and introverts.

In my own opinion, honestly I think taking selfies and posting it on social media will not 100 percent define peoples confidence, yes, it actually helps othe people to develop their self-esteem by showing and being proud of  their physical appearance and on how they look at themselves but it could also become a bad depressive experience to other people who using social media because these social media encourage people to compare themselves with others. For me being confident is not only by expressing yourself through photos but also believing on your own abilities and capabilities as a person. I cannot say that selfies can really increased confidence but maybe it will depend on the perspective of a person.   

However, I still believe that confidence comes from within, no matter what you are doin if you like doing selfies or not, its not only about that. Its about how you show yourself to other people and how you believe on yourself. So if taking a selfies and photos will makes you feel good about yourself and be more positive person then do it. Don't listen to what people will say about you, just do whatever you know that will help you to become a better version of yourself.