Colonization + and - effect

Social Class:

Disadvantages:

1. Rich people use their wealth for special treatment

2. Inequality in terms of social economic status

3. Children from poorer families do less well in school than their peers from more well-off families.

4. Conflicts between the classes

5. Sometimes become the basis on how people will treat you.

Advantages:

1. Richer families are able to provide more resources for their children.

2. (For the lower class)  less financial stress. Having wealth doesn't bring you financial peace.

3. (For the upper class) Being wealthy means having a lot of money. So you will not worry about matters which are related to money.

4. High quality life for the upper class and for the poor , you are able to get assistance from a variety of sources: the government, community organizations, or from friends and neighbors.

5. (Social class a a whole) To easily identified the status of leaving of each individual or families.

Spanish colonization:

Disadvantage:

1.Spanish brought foreign diseases with them to the Filipinos. Such as smallpox and leprosy.

2. Lack of equal rights 

3. Lack of freedom in doing something like choosing a religion under Spanish rules

4. The Spanish rule disrupted the connection of our country to the other country.

5  They monopolized Philippine trade to themselves

Advantages:

1. The influence in the Spanish Language.

2. In 1820 only the Philippines have improved in civilization, wealth, and Populousness.

3. Universities were opened early and other school were established (note: but not free).

4. They taught the Filipinos how to read, write and speak English (note: barely in spanish).

5. They also introduce their culture like the Catholic religion and delicacies

American colonization:

Disadvantage:

1. The native inhabitant's way of life has been disrupted.

2.  Unfair balance of power between the colony and colonizer.

3.  Unfair power of balance that start the fuel for the revolution.

4. Materialistic view of life has weakened the Filipino communal spirit toward individualistic and consumerist ways of life

5. Colonization that leads to American-Filipino War (many were killed)

Advantages:

1. They provide resources for land farming of crops and plants

2. They are rich country that rich in valuable resources like gold, oil and coal (some of them benifited the Philippines)

3.  Power of influence through education, cultures and religions as well.

4.  They introduce the proper and justifiable government system (Democracy)

5  Americans colonized the Philippines and help Filipinos learn English and gave proper education.

Japanese colonization:

Disadvantage:

1.  Destroyed the physical infrastructure of the Philippines (exposed the people to extreme deprivation.)

2.  A hundred thousand Filipinos died in Manila during the month of February 1945 alone

3.  Many Filipino Woman were harrassed and raped. 

4.  The Japanese forced Filipino women and children to be used as human shields into the front lines to protect Japanese positions.  

5. After that (number 4.) those who survived were about to killed and massacre.

Advantages:

1. Filipino were Introduce to their Currencies.

2. Japanese were able to influence and encourage the Filipino in developing the vernacular literature.

3. They introduce Curfew 

4. Introduction of a Military Government

5. Reducing Neighborhood government systems by half.