Perspective of Symbolic Interaction (Essay)

Using the perspective of symbolic interaction, analyze the current issue of the termination of UP-DND accord

Actually at first I really don't have any idea what this issue is all about but after watching some news and reading articles about it, It help me to understand what is UP-DND is, For those who don't know what UP-DND accord is, based on my research it is a bilateral agreement between DND ( Department of national Defense) and UP ( University of the Philippines) signed by former President Fidel Ramos on the year 1989 that restricted the access of the military inside the UP campus. The government (National Defense) and the organization of UP have different perspective about this agreement. The UP council especially the students believed that this is about the state intruding their academic freedom while the Government has different perspective about it, they just want to terminate this accord agreement because they believed that this is already obsolete and UP became a haven of communists groups and it is about protecting the students, The state want to stop the students from being recruit of communists groups that has being done in the last few years already. Because of these a lot of protests and criticisms mount over the Government about their decision of terminating the UP-DND accord.