A speech (Silvertino Incident)

(Imagine you are Harry Roque, Convince the listener that the government did not do anything wrong about Silvertino's Incident)

Silvertino who died in the footbridge in the Pasay waiting for a bus to send her home

First of all, Again I want to say sorry for what happened to Michelle Silvertino, we offer your family our deepest and most sincere condolences,  to those who don't know her, She was the mother who worked as a helper in Antipolo to provide for their financial needs because she was a single Mother and stayed there for 3 months during the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ). She really want to go back to Camarines Sur for her children but wasnt able to travel after being stranded during the lockdown and eventually died in Pasay footbridge waiting for a provincial bus. 

Okay lets move on to the main reason why I am here. I want to discuss this issue because I want to explain to those who were really angry on us, to those people doing protests on social media about what happened and to address the questions as well about us that they said to be irresponsible on what we were doing as a government officials. I just want to make it clear that our government were doing its best to help our kababayan in the assistance that they need amidst the pandemic, I believe that were doing our responsibilities 100 percent to make sure the safety of our people especially the Balik Probinsya program that aims to help our stranded kababayan to go back to their family in their respective provinces. This Balik Probinsya and Hatid Tulong program was signed by our president Rodrigo Duterte to help and assist those who stranded because of the Lockdown and want to go back to their provinces. 

Going back to Silvertino's case , At first we were shocked on what happened ano, so we did an investigation about the real reason on what happened, the barangay official said to us that they talked to michelle and she said that she was stranded, our pasay police said that they were bringing her for treatment to the barangay hall in Pasay but there was no one there, so they took her to the police station to let her rest. But they notice sosmething to michelle, they saw she had COVID-19 symptoms so their commander told them to bring her back to the barangay hall. But Michelle insisted that she was fine so they returned her to the footbridge. Balik Probinsya program is being done in a process first we need to validate the stranded person if he/she dont have any symptoms of Covid, we need to make sure that virus is not being spread in the other provinces. Since michelle had symptoms, I recommend that she could go to the nearest Government office like DSWD for further assistance to help her like providing temporary shelter , food and medicines and for sure our government will assist her and help her. I know that the government have reponsibility on our people but dont forget that as individual we also have responsibilities on ourselves. 

Meanwhile ,we already coordinated with Camarines Sur 3rd District Representative Gabriel Bordado, he is the municipal government of Calabanga and other private individuals have offered to help the family of Michelle, which has to go through a legal process pa. Her family was also given financial aid and a scholarship was also granted to Silvertino's children.