Chapter 16: The Wedding Part 2

Luna's POV

"What on earth, Zoey?" I could feel tears starting to brim in my eyes as the guards let her go, realising I recognised her "Where have you been?!"

"I have a lot to explain, Luna." She starts crying too, trying to wipe the tears from her eyes as they fell out "I came back to the base and Harry told me you were getting married here and I couldn't miss that."

My breath picks up, my chest rising and falling heavily as she opens her arms to me.

"I will explain everything after today, but for now, can I please be apart of your wedding?" she asks with a small voice.

I only think for a moment before nodding, a smile invading my face "Of course you can."

I feel like a child as I near enough jump into her arms. An overwhelming feeling of nostalgia rushes over me, a comforting one that I haven't felt in a while. Zoey was the slice of home I needed at this wedding and I was so happy to see her that I pushed all of the burning questions to the back of my mind, they could bother me another day. 

"Why're you half-naked?" She chuckles as we leave each other's arms.

"I felt like swimming." I shake my head, laughing at myself "I need to get ready, again."  

I turn to look at Scarlett shaking her head at me.

****

Zayn's POV

I look out to the lake, endless wave lapping over each other as the sun reflected off them. 

"Ready?" Loki slaps my back gently before readjusting my tie

I turn back toward the arch, decorated with the same white lilies that covered the grass down the aisle that separated the white chairs facing towards me with faces staring at me. A white piano sat to my left, Evelyn's sister Opal waiting to sing Luna in. In the front rows were Dayo and her immediate family, Jhene sending me a cold look. The empty seats next to them reserved for Mateo and Cara. Cyra was sat bouncing in Dayo's lap. There were only two more rows beyond this, full of important mermaid figures and the rest of Evelyn's family. It was Dayo's one condition to let us get married here, and I honestly didn't mind. Only one thing mattered to me today.

Harry comes walking from the town hall just in front of this small patch by this lake, clutching the piece of paper with my vows in his hands, his curly hair styled out of his face and his black suit matching Loki's. He hands the paper to me.

"Thank you, Harry, and thank you for making it." I smile

Harry has always been my friend, as much as I was capable of having a friend, but I had never allowed myself to become truly close to him, knowing the obligations of friendship were somewhat out of my wheelhouse in the past. But I want that to change, so asking him to be a groomsman was in a way my olive branch. 

"Of course." He nods "Let's get you married." 

Loki, of course, was ordaining my wedding. I'm sure he wouldn't have it any other way. I watched his eyes follow Zoey and Scarlett as they take their positions on the right of the altar. I nod at Zoey and she hesitantly nods back at me, her dress differing slightly to Scarlett's due to her late RSVP. 

"Good to have you back," I say politely

She can't help but look at me analytically like she is' trying to figure something out "You don't know, do you?" 

"Know what?" I furrow my eyebrows.

Before Zoey can answer, the keys of the piano start to hum sound out and Opal begins to sing sweetly. My attention averts from Zoey as I watch Cara walk out of the town of the building in a pale pink dress as she throws pink water lilies from a small wicker basket on her arm into the atmosphere and they fly for a moment before landing onto the bed of white lilies.