Chapter 4: Cyra

Luna's POV

"Get this fucking thing out of me!" I scream at the top of my lungs as pain shoots from my abdomen through my entire body

Lights flash past my eyes as I'm rolled down the corridor of the hospital of the base, all of my nerves screaming at me as if they were submerged in boiling water.

Alongside me, Zayn stands screaming at a nurse "Where the fuck is a doctor?"

"Most of the witches were the doctors, and after Celine..." she trails off "There is a shortage, okay? He's finishing up in another surgery."

"He better get here before this baby is ready or I will tear his-" Zayn's eyes begin illuminate an angry purple

"Zayn!" I interrupt him "Of all times, you're going to threaten people now?!"

His eyes soften as they meet mine, he strokes my hair softly "I'm sorry, doll."

There was something so comforting about his hand in my hair, gently flattening the wild curls that had sprung from my scalp that was soaked with sweat.

"You're going to be OK." He reassures me

"How you feeling?" He whispers

"Like I regret ever having sex with you." I sigh jokingly

"I'm afraid it's a bit to late to take that one back." He chuckles lightly.

We're taken into a hospital room and Zayn uses his inhuman strength to transfer me to the bed. The witches helping quickly hook my up to different drips and wires and what not filled with all types of magic fluids that dull my pain and make me feel a little drowsy, every blind feeling the increasing weight of my eyelids.

"You're going to be fine." Zayn strokes my sweat-matted hair and kisses my forehead.

I wail again as the shooting pain starts up again, my entire conscious being violently shaken from my temporary state of numbness.

"Fucking humans." One of the fairies utters under her breath "So fragile."

If I heard it I knew that Zayn could too, he sends her a death stare and starts for her but I grab his arm.

"Could you pick fights another time?!" I snap "Perhaps not when your child is ripping my vagina in half?"

"Thanks for that imagery, sweetheart." Loki chuckles leaning on the door frame

"Trust me it feels a lot more uncomfortable than it sounds." I try to lie back and relax

"What're you doing here?" Zayn asks, swear dripping from his forehead as I squeeze his hand

"My niece or nephew is about to be born." He grins "I can't miss that."

"Well I don't know how crazy I feel about you seeing her..." he trails off

"Relax," he waves his hand dismissively "Luna and I already faced our undeniable connection and decided we are a candle that burns to brightly so we ended our torrid romanc-"

Zayn throws a pocket knife at Loki so quickly I nearly miss it. It lodges into his chest deeply, as if Zayn had just thrown a dart at a board. Loki reacts with a deep, gruff "Ouf."

"I can see you're in no mood for jokes." He winces as he pulls the knife from his chest "I liked this shirt, you know."

"Get to your fucking point, Loki, why are you here?" I grimace

"The doctor is in surgery, and well I've delivered enough babies to know what I'm doing." He explains

"Who the fuck let you deliver their baby?" I scoff