Chapter 50: Naija and Kali

Luna's POV

"Let me get this straight." I stifle a chuckle, head resting on my pillow but eyes trained on Zayn as he drops his white towel to the floor, stood in front of me in all his naked glory, my favourite view to wake up to "You're going to get your ex-wife, who's married to your sister, pregnant... so she can give birth to your child slash niece or nephew?"

"Yeah, it's a little... strange." He wrinkles his nose "But I spoke to Katjaa and turns out bloodline rights to the coven are more important than we originally thought, especially now they've moved into the base."

"Pandora could have the baby with a different sperm donor?"

"They don't want to have to choose between who would be related to the baby, this way they both are." He explains, turning to find some boxers from his chest of drawers and giving me a new view of his bum "I get it's a little weird, but we're in a position of privilege being in a heteronormative relationship, being able to have kids the way we do. Luna, I'd hate to have to choose between the two of us of who gets to be the blood relative to our kids, I wouldn't love them any differently, blood doesn't make a family love does, but I'd admittedly hate to have to make the decision."

"No, baby, I get it." I nod "I wouldn't like it either."

"And the foster home here would never let them adopt a child, being succubi."

"Really?"

"God no, we're the most hated family in the base, let alone occult type. They restrict who can adopt kids, based on how much blood you have on your hands. If you're a soldier, they don't mind, if you have personal kills, like Scarlett and Pandora have hundreds of, you can kiss that idea goodbye, even with the leader of the base on our side."

He finds a pair of black boxers and pulls them up over his hips, turning back to face me and pick his towel up off the floor, throwing it to our laundry basket. He kneels onto the bed and crawls towards me, hovering over my frame and lifting my favourite grey t-shirt of his that I wear and placing a kiss just below my navel.

"I want to help them start a family, have what we have." His brown eyes are swirling with purple as he looks up at me "If you aren't OK with it, I won't."

"I'm fine with it, Zayn." I cup his cheek "It's a little strange like you said, but it's not like this family is normal anyway."

He grins softly, leaning forward to peck me before rolling to the side of me.

"What's the agenda today? Cyra's got her first classes at the school today, so we're off the parent clock." He asks "Still feeling sick?"

"I don't know why they call it morning sickness if it makes you sick throughout the day." I pout "I organised a meeting with the faction heads, finally address everything that's happened, but I need to find Loki first."

"I looked for him this morning, but he and Evelyn weren't in their room."

I frown, reaching for my phone on the wooden bedside table. I quickly scroll through my contacts until I find Loki, pressing his name and listening to the dial tone ring out to completion. Loki never misses my calls.

"Something isn't right." I shake my head, quickly pressing his name again "Loki wouldn't take his heavily pregnant wife who is supposed to be on bed rest out of the house."

I press the phone to my ear again while gesturing to Zayn's "Call Evelyn."

He swiftly follows my instruction while my second attempt to call Loki fails. My heart begins to pound, theories starting to form in my head along with unfortunate hypotheticals. The witches found out Evelyn reanimated and is still preparing to give birth to a hybrid baby.